Retirement is one of the greatest milestones in our life where we end a phase and start a new one. It’s that time when we no longer need to rush out for work and spend long hours at the office again. Anyone who has worked hard till certain age deserves to withdraw from work and get retired.
However, the moment could be emotional as we are also saying goodbye to the amazing people we’ve met at work, and those exciting and fun moments we enjoy. You might need to send emotional retirement messages or quotes to express your feeling to your colleagues as you leave for a new phase of possibility ahead.
If you have worked with a colleague for quite some years, there must have been some level of attachment that has been built between both of you that will make it impossible for both of you to want to go your separate ways. Departure from each other can be very painful and emotional and how to best communicate the emotions is by sending retirement goodbye wishes to the retiree!
Do you know someone who is going on retirement but you are not sure of what to say or the right retirement messages to send to them? Check out this page for emotional messages for retirees to help you send them off on a new phase of a great adventure.
- Emotional Retirement Messages
- Retirement Goodbye Message
- Retirement Farewell Message From Retiree
- Retiree Farewell Message
- Heartwarming Retirement Quotes
- Retirement Quotes For Government Employees
- Creative Retirement Messages
- Spiritual Quotes For Retirement
- Famous Retirement Quotes
- Retirement Farewell Quotes
- Retirement Sayings For Coworkers
- Words Of Appreciation On Retirement
- Farewell Message To Retiring Colleague
Emotional Retirement Messages
1. So you are finally going on your longest coffee break, though it’s sad to see you go, we rejoice with you. We hope you enjoy peace and happiness as you retire today. We will miss you.
2. As you start your retirement journey today, may your days be brighter and your life exciting. Have an awesome retirement season!
3. As you leave today, know that you will be greatly missed by this organization. Please take care of yourself and enjoy your new life.
4. You are such an amazing employee, seeing you retiring today is a mix of joy and sadness. We will miss you so much, and we wish you all the best in your life. Enjoy your retirement season.
5. You are such a hard-working, dedicated, and committed worker. As you are retiring today, we wish you all the best and pray that you live long to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
6. Love, peace, and comfort are all we wish you as you are retiring today. We will all miss your smile and the positive energy you always bring to work. We wish you a beautiful life after work. Enjoy your retirement season.
7. You are a source of encouragement to all of us in this organization. Not having you around again will be very difficult for us to cope with. Thank you for all you did while you were working with us. We will miss you. Happy retirement.
8. Your way of life and work ethic is a source of inspiration to every one of us, you are such an amazing employee. As it’s time to wrap up your work here, there is nothing we can do about it. We wish you all the best in all your endeavors and we hope you enjoy a peaceful retirement. We love you deeply.
9. You are a valuable and indispensable asset to this organization, your input to the growth of this organization can not be overemphasized. Thank you for all you did. We wish you joy, comfort, and peace in your new phase of life. Happy retirement.
10. It will really be so hard to find a replacement for a wonderful employee like you. It’s so hard to see you go. Thank you for your selfless commitment to your work. We will greatly miss you.
Retirement Goodbye Message
11. Finally, your someday is here. We wish you the most pleasant retirement. Keep going forward and higher in your adventures in life.
12. We hope your retirement ushers in the best season of your life. Goodbye and happy retirement!
13. It’s that phase of your life when you are free to rest and relax all day without worry. Happy retirement, we wish you the best.
14. Not you can be free and enjoy all the finer things in life. We wish you a happy retirement.
15. It’s time to enjoy all the beautiful adventures you’ve dreamed of. Have a happy and exciting retirement.
16. It’s so hard to say goodbye, especially to an amazing and productive employee like you. We wish you all the beautiful things life has to offer as you are going on retirement, goodbye and enjoy a beautiful life ahead.
17. We wish we could bring you back. The space you are leaving will be very hard to fill. We wish you all the best in your new adventure in life. Happy retirement.
18. We wish you the healthiest life and longest life to enjoy your retirement. We hope your retirement brings you lots of favor and happiness. Goodbye, and happy retirement.
19. Goodbye as you go on retirement. We will greatly miss you, please take care of yourself. We wish you a new life full of fun and freedom ahead.
20. May you enjoy a fresh dimension of success. We wish you all the best as you are going on your retirement.
Related topic: messages for the last day at work
Retirement Farewell Message From Retiree
As much as colleagues from the place of work would send several heartfelt messages and wishes, so should the person retiring also send his/her emotional retirement messages. If you are retiring and you need heartfelt retirement messages to communicate your feelings, you have beautiful ones on this page.
21. Working in this organization is a big achievement in my life. Thank you for making my stay an enjoyable one. As a start my retirement journey today, I will surely miss you all.
22. Although I’m retiring from this organization today, I want to let you know that I will forever remember you all for all your impacts on my success in this organization. You made my working here an easy ride. Thank you all, and God bless you.
23. As I leave for my retirement today, I’m leaving with a beautiful memory of this company and the wonderful workers I had the privilege of working with. Thank you all for being awesome. I love you all.
24. I will greatly miss you all, you all played an important role in making my career turn out successful. I wish you all success even as you also work towards a beautiful retirement.
25. As much as I’ve dreamt about this retirement, it feels so hard for me to say goodbye to this company of wonderful colleagues and friends. I will greatly miss all those interesting moments we shared. Thank you for making my work here enjoyable. I love you all.
26. I now see this office as a home, and you, and my colleagues as families. Saying goodbye seems like the hardest thing for me to do now. Please stay in touch, and feel free to reach out to me if you need any professional guidance from me. I will greatly miss you all.
28. Though retiring from my work, I’m definitely not retiring from the friendship we’ve built. You are forever cherished, and you will remain in my heart.
29. As I sign out of this organization, I will like to say a big thank you to all of you here. Thank you all for your support and inspiration. I love you all.
30. Even if I retire from this company today, I will always see this place as my second home. I am blessed with kind-hearted and intelligent colleagues, and I can’t trade you for anything. I will forever cherish the bond we’ve shared, please keep in touch with me. I love you all.
Retiree Farewell Message
31. I will greatly miss you all, I will miss the work environment and the beautiful people there. Thank you all for making my work here worthwhile, God bless you all.
32. Here’s a big thank you from me to you my amazing colleagues. Thank you for making me look good for all these years. You are all amazing, and I’m sure you will do great jobs even after I’m gone.
33. Throughout my working period, I never dreaded Monday morning, because you all made the workplace an interesting place to be. Thank you all, and God bless you.
34. I want to use this medium to thank all the staff and management of this great organization. Thank you for giving me the chance to express my skills and talent. It’s my last day of working here, and I am grateful for all the years I used.
35. I’m so excited to start the next phase of my life as a retiree, but trust me, I will miss you all. I will fondly remember those beautiful years I spent in this company.
36. As I’m retiring today, It’s harder than you think for me to write this message, I will surely miss everyone in this organization.
37. I wish you all the best in your career. As I retire from working today, I leave you with joy, strength, and happiness
38. I’m glad I spent my last 35 years with an amazing set of colleagues like you. It’s such an honor working with you. Thank you for making my retirement a fulfilling one, knowing fully well that I touched lives during my service years.
39. Amazing set of colleagues like you are so hard to bid goodbye to, however, I must do the needful as today marks the last day I’m working in this organization. I will miss you all, however, I look forward to a great retirement journey.
40. Thank you for making me love my job. You make the workplace great to be, and I will surely miss you all.
Related topic: beautiful ways to say I miss you
Heartwarming Retirement Quotes
41. Instead of me saying goodbye, I’ll rather say I will see you later, because definitely, we will surely meet again, someday, somewhere, outside the workplace.
42. The most beautiful thing about retirement is that you’ve got the chance to spend your time with those you love, doing what you love.
43. Retirement is just like that vacation we went for, which never ends.
44. Retirement is that beautiful stage of your life when you don’t have to worry about getting caught and fired doing nothing.
45. When you are retired, you no longer see Fridays as the best day of the week, because all days are!
46. You can retire from your job, but never retire from your mind.
47. Retirement is that period when you get to start enjoying the things you couldn’t enjoy before.
48. The beautiful thing about being retired is that you no longer need to request time off!
49. Think about retirement as a 6months holiday that you got twice a year, for the rest of your life.
50. The best part of retirement is that you will now have the time to ‘spoil’ your grandkids.
Retirement Quotes For Government Employees
51. Thank you for being such a great employee over the years, you will be greatly missed. Happy retirement.
52. We have learned so much from your skills and experience, thank you for all you did. Happy retirement.
53. You’ve always been our source of inspiration and encouragement to be the best version of ourselves. We wish you all the best as you are retiring today.
54. Enjoy your retirement, we hope you continue to impact the world around you outside the workplace.
55. Congratulations on your retirement, thank you for impacting so many lives.
56. In sincere appreciation for all your dedication and commitment to your work, we all want to say, thank you for being a great employee. We wish you the best in life.
57. We wish you the best retirement ever. We hope you enjoy this new phase of your life where you are now your boss.
58. Happy retirement, we hope you make the most of your days and enjoy your freedom.
59. Enjoy the moment when your weekend will now last for seven whole days. Happy retirement.
60. We wish you a restful, but exciting and active retirement life. Have a great life ahead!
Related topic: professional ways to wish someone a good luck
Creative Retirement Messages
61. Welcome to the finish line. We wish you an amazing retirement and a beautiful life after work.
62. Congratulations on your retirement, now the fun can finally begin! You have worked so hard, it’s time to enjoy a great life!
63. We are glad to rejoice with you as you have been promoted to the retirement phase of your life. Congratulations and happy retirement.
64. Now you can enjoy no pressure from the boss, no deadlines, and no company meetings. Congratulations! We wish you all the best.
65. You have been a great mentor, and I will never forget all you have taught me while working with you. Congratulations on your retirement.
66. No more clock-punching the product of hard work! Now you can sit back and enjoy. Happy retirement.
67. Thank you for everything you’ve done for the organization. I can’t imagine walking into the office and not seeing your face again. I pray your new phase of retirement is amazing and peaceful.
68. I’m so happy for you. You’ve had a successful career and it’s time to retire and enjoy, congratulations!
69. We know and recognize how hard you have worked for us. Thank you for all you did. We wish you a happy retirement.
70. We wish you the best in the next chapter you are stepping into. You have been an amazing leader to us all. Congratulations, and Happy retirement.
Related topic: appreciation for the opportunity to be part of a team
Spiritual Quotes For Retirement
Life is spiritual and one must take it spiritually. As much as it is good that one sends a message to a colleague retiring, sending spiritual quotes for retirement is also important. Below are spiritual retirement goodbye wishes and quotes to send to colleagues!
71. Rest is sweet after labor. We wish you a restful and peaceful retirement period.
72. The Lord has given you rest roundabout. Now you can rejoice and enjoy the blessings of the Lord. Happy retirement.
73. May you enjoy the peace and all-round blessings as you start a new phase of retirement. God’s blessing shall be upon you.
74. As you start your retirement journey today, may God perfect all that concerns you and give you all your lost possessions. Happy retirement.
75. As you rest from your work today. May the doors of heaven be opened unto you and may your ground be wetted by the dew of heaven. Happy retirement.
Famous Retirement Quotes
76. Who wouldn’t want a weekend life every day? There you have it. Congratulations, and happy retirement.
77. It’s time for you to really enjoy life after work. Congratulations on your retirement. I wish you the best.
78. Retirement is the time for you to enjoy government money. Go ahead! You have contributed enough.
79. It’s that phase of your life when you don’t have to be scared of spending your whole life’s savings. Congratulations, you made it here.
80. Sometimes, when we reach the end of something, it’s also the beginning of something great. As you end your activities from work today, you are starting a new phase of a beautiful retirement period. Congratulations!
Related topic: appreciation for good leadership and vision
Retirement Farewell Quotes
81. Retirement is that reward you get from putting up with an annoying boss and difficult co-workers, congratulations you are now very free!
82. Congratulations on your last day at work today. We hope your retirement is filled with nothing but joy and unending happiness.
83. It’s the time of your life when you don’t have to go set an alarm again while going to bed at night. Enjoy!
84. You are one of the great colleagues I have had the opportunity to work with. You deserve every bit of joy and sound health as you go on retirement.
85. Out of all the people I’ve worked with, I feel so privileged to say I’ve worked with you. I wish you all the best that retirement living has to offer.
Retirement Sayings For Coworkers
Do you need a retirement goodbye message to coworkers? Below are the beautiful ones on this page!
86. It’s great to see someone like you retiring because you really deserve it. I hope you will work just as hard at relaxing as you have been in the office.
87. After working so hard all your life, it feels so great that you can sit back and enjoy the fruit. I wish you sound health and peaceful retirement life.
88. Enjoy your newfound freedom. Congratulations on your retirement. I wish you the best.
89. Having a great co-worker like you is such a blessing. Congratulations on your retirement. I will miss you.
90. It’s time to shout goodbye to tension and say hello to pension. Congratulations, darling co-worker. I will miss working with you.
Words Of Appreciation On Retirement
91. As I retire today, I want to register my appreciation. Just like a great team, you encouraged me, assisted me, and gave me the support I needed. Thank you for all you did. I appreciate you all.
92. Thank you for making the workplace a home away from home. As I retire today, I know will miss you all.
93. As I’m going home to my family, it’s so sad that I’m also leaving a family behind here at work. Thank you for being my family and friend. I appreciate you all.
94. A big thank you to all of you. I will always remember my time here. I miss you all.
95. Working with you guys is such a great gift I will forever cherish. Thank you for your encouragement and support. I love you all.
Farewell Message To Retiring Colleague
You will surely require to send a farewell message to colleagues after retirement, that’s why I have some available for you on this page.
96. I can’t imagine this office without you. You made the workplace so interesting and great to stay in. As today marks your retirement day, may you step into a new phase of great blessing.
97. We can’t summarize all the great things you’ve done over the past years you’ve worked in this organization. You have contributed a great deal to this organization. We are sad to see you go but nevertheless, we wish you all the best.
98. You have been a faithful, hardworking, and committed employee, even though we are sad to see you go, we know you must retire. We wish you all the best in your next phase of life.
99. The organization has become stronger due to your commitment to this organization. We all appreciate your input, and we wish you a happy retirement.
100. Enjoy all the fun, and relaxation that comes with retirement. You deserve the best retirement has to offer. We will miss working with you here.
101. It has been a pleasure having to work with you, but we have no option but to bid you goodbye at this point in life.
102. May the new phase of life open a great door to you, you shall not have to struggle. Keep thriving in the next phase.
103. I’m not so happy that you are going but I have let you go because the next phase of life is already beckoning to you. Goodbye!
I hope you found this article very helpful? Feel free to drop your comments, and share this with your loved ones.