41 Powerful Prayer for Sermon in the Church
Prayer is a vital part of the Christian life. Without prayers, no progress can be made with God and among men. Prayer is the foundation of every great thing in this Life. Therefore, it must be part and parcel of a believer’s life. You can only go as far as you can pray!
As a pastor, it’s expedient to lead a praying life. A Pastor who doesn’t make prayer his lifestyle cannot go far in his journey for God. If you must preach well, you have to pray well. Prayer for sermon is very vital before the sermon is preached. This is the only means by which your congregation can be blessed.
Prayer before a sermon helps you to be prepared and make the word of God powerful in your mouth. The impact of your sermon cannot exceed the extent of your prayers.
Do you want to offer some prayers before the sermon? Here are prayers you can use before delivering a sermon to the congregation of the Lord!
Prayer Before Sermon
1. I want to thank you dear Lord for the privilege to stand before your people and deliver your word. May your name be praised and highly exalted in the name of Jesus.
2. As I stand before your holy people today whom you love and died for them, give me outstanding wisdom to minister the word in simplicity and power in the name of Jesus.
3. Grant me utterance so that I can communicate your counsel to them. As they hear the word, cause them to turn a new leaf in the direction of the word in the name of Jesus.
4. Give me grace and spiritual energy to speak with conviction and unquenchable passion as the steward of your ministry.
5. Let your holy spirit be present with me as engage in this ministration so that the heart of your people will be opened to hear the word and live by it in the name of Jesus.
6. As I stand to teach the word, open people’s hearts to be recipients of your counsel so that they can see what your heartbeat is for them.
7. This is a great time your people have waited for. Make it a time of refreshing unto them. Let your holy spirit take charge of every affair today in the name of Jesus.
Prayer Before Sermon In Church Of England
8. As we speak your word today, I ask that your word will find expression in the heart of your people so that they will be able to fulfill your counsel and will for their lives.
9. Let everything that causes distraction to be taken off their mind, make them focus on the sermon preached, and give them the grace to apply it thereby.
10. Let everything that is standing between your people and their destinies be taken away as your word comes forth in power.
11. Let no one miss your word for their lives. Let your instructions come forth as I speak your word to your people.
12. You’re the author of eternal light, let your light shine beyond the comprehension of the darkness of this age. Give each one the light they require to move to the next level in the name of Jesus.
13. Give your people unusual understanding and honor for your word. Help them to sustain the spirit of honor for your word in the name of Jesus.
14. Let your grace flow from this altar and fill every heart. Let your grace from this altar energize them for their destinies.
15. Your word is light, let this light have its free course. Let us not be hindered by the distraction from this world in the name of Jesus Christ.
Related topic: how to pray according to the Bible
Prayer Before The Word Of God
Here is a sample prayer you can use before reading and studying the word of God:
16. Dear good God, As I come before you to pay attention to your word, I ask that you enlighten the eyes of my understanding so that I see what you want me to see in the name of Jesus.
17. Grant me the grace to have an open and receptive heart, so that I may understand your message and apply it to my life. So that men may see give glory to your holy name.
18. Let the truth of your word control my thoughts, words, and my life. I ask that your word will be the driver of my life both now and forever.
19. I submit everything about my life to the authority of your word, let everything that is against you be conquered by the power of your word in the name of Jesus.
20. Let your Holy Spirit speak to me through your word as your servant teaches today. Help me to hear what you’re saying to me concerning each area of life in the name of Jesus.
21. As a result of listening to your word today, let your grace flow in my life so that others may see the outworking of your word and serve you with their spirits
22. As a result of hearing and listening to your word, let your grace be evident in all that I do. Let your word be fruitful in my life and all that I do in the name of Jesus.
23. It’s time to listen to the word and I want to ask that you Lord will help me to listen with all my heart so that the word changes my life.
24. As I sit to listen to the word of God today, utterances shall be given to the teacher so that he can communicate the word with conviction and clarity.
25. I have come to sit under the influence of the spirit to hear what God has for me. Let my eyes be opened to see your plans for me in the name of Jesus.
Prayer Before Bible Study
Offer this prayer for sermon before the Bible study
26. This is bible study and I’m grateful for the word that is about to come forth to heal and change my life for good. I open my heart to learn the word from the Lord to change my life forever.
27. Dear Father, I ask that everything you have in stock with me be delivered in the name of Jesus. I shall not be deaf to your word and I shall not be blind to your instructions in the name of Jesus.
28. Let every fallow ground be broken as your word encounter my heart today, let your word have its free course in my heart in the name of Jesus.
29. Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for the gift of your word sent to me and for the many ways it speaks to my heart and guides my life. Let the light of your word infiltrate my heart in the name of Jesus.
30. As I come before you to read and study your holy scriptures, I ask for your help to understand your word to the point of application so that my life may bring great glory to your holy name.
31. Open my eyes to see the hidden truths within your word, and open my heart to receive the light you have for me. Help me to understand and apply your teachings to my life, and give me the wisdom to follow your will for my life.
32. As I listen to your word, give me the grace to be the doer of the word. Make me a fruitful hearer in the name of Jesus. And as I apply your word, let my life be a sweet-smelling savor to you. Amen.
Related topic: quotes on the power of prayer
Prayer for Listening to the Word
33. Dear Father of Light, I have come humbly before you today seeking your wisdom and directions for life. Your word is a lamp unto my feet and light to my pathway, let this light shine before me in the name of Jesus.
34. Dear Father, I ask that you open my heart and mind to the light of your word, so that I may listen attentively and understand your word for me. Let the word sent to me change my life forever.
35. As I hear your word, help me to seek your face until your word becomes flesh to my Life. Enable me to follow the path you have set for me in the name of Jesus.
36. I receive the courage to stand firm on the conviction of the word I’m hearing. Help me to act on what I have learned in your word.
Scriptures To Pray Before Preaching
Here are some scriptural passages that you may find helpful to pray over before preaching:
37. “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”( Psalm 19:14).
38. “Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.” (2 Timothy 4:2).
39. “The Lord God has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught.” (Isaiah 50:4).
40. “Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.”( Colossians 1:28-29)
41. “Whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—so that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ.” (1 Peter 4:11).
Related topic; prophetic prayer points