The longevity of a man’s life is determined by the amount of joy he possesses and how frequently he expresses it. A saddened heart can shorten a man’s life. Bible says, “A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones” (Proverbs 17:22).
Joy, happiness, or merriment is medicinal to the body. If a man chooses to live in them continually, such a man will walk in health and vitality. Learning how to live with happiness and joy is learning how to prolong your days on earth in good health.
The world of man thrives best on the atmosphere of joy. The enemy of God is always on the constant attack on the world of man. Satan is busy from place to place to cause things that will instigate bitterness and pandemonium. This is done so that man can lose joy and become saddened.
If Satan succeeds at doing this, then he can strike and perform his will around such a man. Satan cannot operate freely until an atmosphere of sorrow has been set up. To keep Satan out of bounds, it’s essential to learn how to live with happiness and joy which I’m about to show you.
The world has become so distorted that there is barely anything to rejoice about. Pandemic, disasters, political and economical instability are engineered by the wicked one to steal the joy of man.
Anyone who fixes his eyes on the varying circumstances that happen from day to day will never have a joyful state of mind. Looking away from circumstances and fixing your gaze on the Lord is how to practice the art of joyful living or how to be happy all the time.
Living joyfully gives God a free ground to operate around your life unhindered. When you create an atmosphere of joy, you allow God to invade your life and all that pertains to you so that He can enforce his government there. This is how to be happy with your life!
The Bible says, “For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit” (Romans 14:17). The conducive atmosphere for the operation of the kingdom is joy. Until joy is in place, God cannot show up. If you want to know how to have a happy life, learn how to live in a joyful state of mind.
The reason Satan often attacks you or your belongings is so that your heart can be broken and deflate your joy. Once the joy is stolen, the operation of the kingdom is hindered. If you learn how to live joyfully and keep your joy in the Lord, you’ll find yourself outsmarting Satan and his forces always without losing a battle.
Happiness Joy is the currency of robustness and vigor in the spirit. If you have been inquisitive about how to keep yourself happy, I have helped you map out the proven ways. You’re blessed as you practice what you are about to read. Hallelujah! Glory to God!
Happy Life Meaning
What is the true meaning of happiness has been the quest of many which I have come to provide answers to. Knowing what it means to live happily will guide you in sustaining your joy. Is joyfully life without sadness attainable? Can you attain the state of uninterrupted joy in this life amid the raging storms that beat everywhere? What does it mean to be a joyful being? What are the joyful things to do? how can I make myself happy? how to find happiness within? Let’s look into the meaning of a happy life to show you the answers to the above questions.
Happy life meaning is the ability to stay happy, excited, exhilarated, enthusiastic, and full of vigor regardless of the negativity that might be happening around you. The ability to have a stable joy, unadulterated joy without losing it is the true meaning of joyful living. When you get to a point where nothing little or big affects your flow of joy, then you can be said to understand how to live happily.
The situations of life will be unstable as long as Satan is in this world. It will be very impossible to get to a point where this world will be problem-free. It doesn’t matter how much intercession you deploy in praying for this world, it may never attain a state where there is no longer going to be something saddening and sorrowful. If you build the state of your joy on the instability of the situation of the word, you may never be stable. You must learn how to find inner peace and happiness within yourself.
Your ability to stand firm in joy regardless of what’s happening around you or what Satan is doing around the world is what makes you have access to a stable joy. This is how to be happy on your own! God’s will for you is a constant joy. Everything may not be currently working well around your life, but God wants you to have constant joy all day. If you maintain the constancy of joy around you, everything will also attain stability, it’s just a matter of time.
Somebody who operates true joy will not swing into moods when there is a little decline or slight changes in the situations around him/her negatively. How to have joy is never to look at the raging situations around your life. You cannot be said to be a practitioner of true joy until you get to this point where nothing in this world affects your excitement. This is how to be genuinely happy!
There was a man in the bible who practice true joy and whose life must be emulated. “Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls. Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation” ( Habakkuk 3:17-18).
The above scripture perfectly depicts the true meaning of joy and how to practice it. The fig trees, fruits, olive, food, flock, and the herd can be said to be the provision demanded for the sustenance of man’s life. If there is no food, I think the situation calls for sorrow and concern in society. Despite the decline in this provision, this man has chosen to be joyful all the way. Joy in the Lord can reverse the situations and set things very rightly. This will help you to be a how to be a happier person!
The ability to be unaffected by the instability of the economy, security, health status, and every issue of concern makes you a true practitioner of joyful living. This is how to be truly joyful.
Read also: the meaning of the spirit of joy
How to Be Joyful in the Lord- Easy Ways to be Happy
Firstly, you need to understand that every joy has what fuels it. You cannot be joyful for no reason, something must be responsible for your joy. When what is responsible for your joy is taken off, the joy will fly off in the same manner.
Some people are so happy when there are enough digits in their bank accounts. But the moment the account is running red, the joy will deflate. It’s like the higher the figure, the higher the joy, the lower the figure, the lower the Joy.
God never intended your life to be this unstable. If that has been your experience, that’s never God’s plan for you. I’m about to show you how how to be joyful in the Lord and how to live a happy life which is an excellent way that will guide you in living joyfully!
1. Never Plant Your Joy In Things That Can Change With Time: God doesn’t want your joy to be planted in anything but in Him alone. God wants you to understand existence purely within what He offers. Every existence outside God is death, and death is never His plan for you.
God wants to be the originator and the very source of your joy. This will afford you lasting joy always and help you to live a fulfilling life. Your joy should not be in the money, good job, higher promotions, better offers than you’ve got but in the Lord your God alone.
If your joy is in money, money may increase or decrease. If it’s in the job, the job may go. If it’s in your children, what if they do what you don’t like? If it’s in your spouse, what if they hurt you? It’s not safe to situate the origin of your joy in things that can change and or can be affected. This is how you can be peaceful and joyful always. Joy strengthens faith.
2. Make God The Source Of Your Joy: Let’s see what the scriptures say about this. “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4). The joy must never be in any situation whether they are positive or negative, it must be in the Lord. What’s the implication of this? If your joy is planted in things and they can be affected or taken off, your joy also will be punctured. But if your joy is in the Lord, you’ll find stability in life.
Life may not be stable but God is. The economy may not be stable but God is. Security may be deteriorating but God is not. Your health may be growing worse but God is not. When you plant your joy in the stable God, the stable God will stabilize your situation. But mind you, when the Lord has done everything well for you, never make a mistake to shift the object of your joy from God to the things He has blessed you with.
3. Fix Your Eyes On God Permanently: “You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You Because he trusts in You” (Isaiah 26:3). Peace cannot be absolute and perfect until you have all your eyes on God. Why did I say so? The scriptures make it clear in verse-4 of the chapter we just read. “Trust in the LORD forever, For in Yah, the LORD, is everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26:4).
The everlasting permanent strength is only found in God. It will take trust and gaze on a being of this magnitude to offer you unadulterated Joy. When you are faced with hard times, make God your focus and you will never sink in the oceans of life. This is how to be positive and happy!
4. Be Mindful Of His Love Always: How else will you be joyful all your life if you ever remember that somebody whose abode is in the highest heavens loves you unconditionally and permanently? What else could thrill a man more than that! Remember that He loves you always. Sometimes, situations of life will disagree with the fact that you serve a loving and living God. Do not mind your situations, mind your God, your God will change your situations in no time.
5. Be Fervent In Prayers: Most of the things that will make you lose your joy are fear-related. Maybe something happened to you and you become afraid and as a result of that, you lose your joy. These fears are often inevitable in life. Whether or not you invite them, they will visit you! There is no alternative way to face these fears other than in fervent prayers.
Read also: Quotes on the power of prayers
Prayer helps you conquer fear and bring you into a clear picture of God before your face. When you see God, fear disappears. You cannot see God and not be joyful. Show me a man of prayer, I will show a man show whose joy cannot be affected. The practice of prayer life is the path to lasting joy in God. Prayers help you to be happy from the inside.
6. Seek God Desperately: A man that is consistent in seeking the Lord will have the rivers of joy flow in His life continually. The more you know the Lord, the more joy and peace you find in Him. Until God is known, true joy has not begun. Joy awaits every God’s seekers.
Read also: Seeking God Desperately
How to Be Happy and Motivated Every Day
Getting a blessing is not as important as keeping it. Many get blessed truly but only very few retain the blessings. Jesus healed so many people, but it was everyone who stayed or remained healed. Not! Not every one of them knows how to stay healed. If you have read what I just showed you above, you should not have problems getting joy. But learning how to live with happiness is more important.
It must be known that, as far as God’s kingdom is concerned, what it takes to get a blessing is what it takes to keep it. Whatever you do to receive a blessing from the Lord, the continuity of it will be required to keep it running. If you have gotten a blessing through fervent prayer life, you’ll need continuity in prayer to keep the blessings with you. The blessings of the Lord can only be sustained in God. The source is the sustainer. Below are how to be happy every day!
7. Give Yourself To Constant Meditation On The Word: The written word is God’s letter to you. There is nothing that inspires joy like the word of God. The more you have it in you the more effortless the joy will flow from within you. It takes a word-filled heart to make a Joy-filled life.
The scarcity of the word in the soul of a man will lead to the scantiness of joy in that life.
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord” (Colossians 3:16). Allowing the word to dwell in you is like digging a well of joy. The more you dig, the more it flows.
8. Singing Always: It takes songs to stir your joy and keep it in ceaseless flow. You generate joy by beholding God in His word but you make the joy available and flowing constantly by singing. When you keep yourself in ceaseless flow, you’ll check Satan out of your life. Joy activates the presence of God, when the presence of God is activated, Satan is excused.
Bible says, “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, “I will return to my house from which I came” (Luke 11:24). The dry place in that context could be likened to an atmosphere without Joy and gladness. Regardless of what you are going through, put a song of victory in your mouth.
Singing always is how to lead a healthy spiritual lifestyle that will consequently affect your health bodily. This keeps you out of depression and fears.
9. Be Contented In Your God: An individual who has not learned contentment cannot sustain a joyful living. Be content with what God gives you while you trust Him for something bigger. “ Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Hebrews 13:5).
This is an unhindered way to joy. If you can overcome covetousness, you have overcome the joy stealer. Some people never find anything they have attractive, they are always coveting someone else’s property. Such people may never know true joy if they do not change. Learn how to be happy with what you have.
Because of this state of their mind, they are never grateful to God any day. Being content is not the same as being mediocre. You can be contented and yet aim very high. Contentment makes you grateful and full of joy in God.
Read also: Gratitude to God for everything
10. Give Thanks Always: Thanksgiving is one of the clearly stated wills of God for His people which must be done always. “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Sometimes, the situations of life might be so hard on you that you don’t see a reason for thanksgiving.
If you give God thanks without reasons, God will eventually give you reasons to give thanks unto Him in no time. And if you are consistent in giving thanks to God, there will be more multiplied reasons to keep doing so. You cannot be committed to giving thanks and not have joy. When thanksgiving becomes your daily practice, you become a house of Joy. A thanks-giver is a joyful person.
11. Avoid Negative People: There are so many disadvantages if you surround yourself with negative people. Every individual on earth carries a specific atmosphere. Whoever you give access to your life can influence you with his/her atmosphere. Hang around happy people who are grateful to God and optimistic in life. Rid yourself of murmurers and those who complain about everything. This helps you to be more positive and happy!
12. Watch What You Watch: Our world is filled with heartbreaking news every day. So many things are happening around the world that could inspire murmuring, complaints, and sorrows. If you are not deliberate about what you give your ears and eyes to, your joy will be polluted. Tune yourself to the good news of God’s word, and shut yourself from the bad news of the world. Decide to live in the Word, and not in the World.
13. Make Others Happy: Joy is a seed, if you sow it into others, you’ll reap its multiple folds. Make it a duty to put a smile on somebody’s face. Make somebody happy, and you too will not lack joy. It’s difficult to make others sorrowful and expect a joyful living. Whatever you sow, you’ll reap. This is how to live a peaceful life!
Read also: Powerful faith confession
How To Always Be Happy And Positive
How To Always Be Happy And Positive
I have rightly emphasized that true and lasting joy comes from God. Situations on earth can only afford you joy to its limit. Every situation is subject to change over time but God is stable and unchanging. Knowing God is how to be a happy person. If you want to be a joyful person, do the following.
14. Put Your Trust In God Wholly: Come to a point where your heart is fixed on Him without shifting. “My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise’ (Psalms 57:7). When your heart is fixed on God, You will not lack a song of praise. If you do this, you will be a happy person and enjoy your life.
“He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD” (Psalms 112:7). You’re purged of fears and doubts when your heart is steady on God.
15. Stay Grateful For God’s Blessings In Your Life: An individual who is not grateful cannot sustain a joyful living. Be grateful to God for all His blessings in your life, family, businesses, and other areas.
16. Live For Your Purpose: There is a reason why you were born. It’s important to find out such a reason. When that reason is found, and you live for it, joy will be your experience. A time will come when money and acquisition of material things will not be able to afford you the joy that you need, only fulfilling purpose will do. A wise person is a person who lives for the purpose of his existence on earth.
Read also: How to prayer according to the scriptures
26 Live Joyfully Bible Verses
The word of God can initiate joy in the soul of any man that finds it. How conscious of the word you are affects the frequency of your joy. Live joyfully bible verses will strengthen your gaze on God and give you a lasting joy in life. word consciousness is how to live joyfully.
I have provided you with powerful scriptures to help you lead a joyful life.
1. ‘Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10).
2. “Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem” (Isaiah 52:9).
3. “The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD” (Jeremiah 33:11).
4. “He grants the barren woman a home, Like a joyful mother of children. Praise the LORD!” (Psalms.113:9).
5. “It shall blossom abundantly and rejoice, Even with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, The excellence of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the LORD, The excellency of our God” (Isaiah 35: 2).
6. “Break forth into joy, sing together, You waste places of Jerusalem! For the LORD has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem” (Isaiah 52:9).
7. “Let them shout for joy and be glad, Who favor my righteous cause; And let them say continually, “Let the LORD be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” (Psalms 35:27).
8. “When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast” (Psalms 42: 4).
9. “Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; And on the harp I will praise You, O God, my God” (Psalms 43:4).
10. “Beautiful in elevation, The joy of the whole earth, Is Mount Zion on the sides of the north, The city of the great King” (Psalms 48:2).
11. “Make me hear joy and gladness, That the bones You have broken may rejoice. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit” (Psalms 51:8, 12).
12. “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness, And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips”!(Psalms 63:5).
13. “Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy! For You shall judge the people righteously, And govern the nations on earth”. (Psalms 67:4).
14. “Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms” (Psalms 95:2).
15. “Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises” (Psalms 98:4).
16. “Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!” (Psalms 100:1).
17. “I will also clothe her priests with salvation, And her saints shall shout aloud for joy” (Psalms 132:16).
18. “For God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy to a man who is good in His sight; but to the sinner, He gives the work of gathering and collecting, that he may give to him who is good before God. This also is vanity and grasping for the wind” (Ecclesiastes 2:26).
19. “The humble also shall increase their joy in the LORD, And the poor among men shall rejoice In the Holy One of Israel” (Isaiah 29:19).
20. “Break forth into joy, sing together, You waste places of Jerusalem! For the LORD has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem” (Isaiah 52:9).
21. “For you shall go out with joy, And be led out with peace; The mountains and the hills Shall break forth into singing before you, And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands” (Isaiah 55:12).
22. “They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat; For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands” (Isaiah 65:22)
23. “Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls. Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills. To the Chief Musician. With my stringed instruments” (Habakkuk 3:17-19).
24. “For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:17).
25. “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials” (James.1:2).
26. “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4).
Read also: prayer points with scriptures
On the note of conclusion, nothing is lost until the joy has been lost. If you submit yourself to the list of things that bring joy, you will see joy flow ceaselessly in your life which may affect your health, your finances, your family, and everything named after you positively.
If you have applied these things you have learned on this page, congratulations! You have found joy irrevocably. You will do your family and loved ones a favor if you share this with them. Share on your social media handles and do not forget to use the comment box.