Every living organism has a mode of survival. Each of them depends on a certain medium for their sustenance on earth. If they lose touch with their means of life, they will stop existing. A Living organism depends on oxygen and water majorly to continue to stay alive. Without these, cessation of existence will be the result. Everyone who desires to maintain a living union with God depends on faith and prayer.
Just as no living organism can survive without oxygen and water, no believer can survive without faith and prayer. Faith and prayer are two indispensable entities that keep saints alive to express the purpose of their existence on earth.
Jesus stated clearly, “Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart” (Luke 18:1). If you are a human being, how often should you pray? Always! If prayer ought to be done always, it means that life depends on it ultimately.
The inseparable link was established between faith and prayer by Jesus in Mathew 21:21-22 “So Jesus answered and said to them, Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree but also if you say to this mountain, “Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Mathew 21:21-22).
A faith-person must pray, and prayer-person must believe. Both are intertwined to produce incredible results in your life. If you have been looking for how to apply the power of faith and prayer to produce mighty things in your space, you’re on the right page, read through and you will be blessed.
Relationship between Faith and Prayer
As it has been rightly established, faith and prayer are two indispensable tools in the kingdom to connect to God and have His will executed within our lives. Without faith, it’s impossible to please God. The life of a believer is a life ordained to please God. Faith is not a tool to make God please us but rather, a tool to please God.
Prayer begins with Faith. If you must come to God, you must first believe that He exists and that He’s able to reward those who diligently seek Him. Praying and not believing is an exercise in futility. When you are offering prayer without faith, you’re likened to a man who is expecting rain but not making vessels available to contain the rainwater. The result of prayer cannot be harnessed without asking in faith.
Faith comes by hearing and hearing the revelation of the word of God. You cannot naturally have strong faith in God if the revelation of His word hasn’t come to you. A man of faith has to be a good student in the school of the revelation of the word of God. Your faith is as strong as the storage of the word at the front of your spirit. The word you have in your spirit, the stronger your faith will get.
Faith can only be exercised on the ground of assurance and unflinching conviction. It’s neither wishful thinking nor a mere faith-positive confession. It’s an exercise informed by the revelation of the word of God. Until the word has come to you by light, faith hasn’t started. No light! no faith!
Faith is generated through fellowship with the light of the word but it’s built up through exercise in the prayer. The potential of faith cannot come into full bloom unless prayer culture is sustained. Faith can be weak or strong. Whether faith is weak or strong is dependent upon one’s prayer life. Bible charges, “building up yourself on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost”.
The means of this faith build-up is praying in the spirit ceaselessly. When you stay long enough praying in the spirit, you’ll notice that spiritual might has been added to you to enable you to do the impossible. The more you pray, the stronger your faith gets. Prayer makes God to be magnified in your imagination which enables you to believe God in a big way.
Oftentimes, you’re afraid of the unknown future because you don’t know how big your God is. If only you know how big your God is, you’ll be able to commit your life to Him without fears. You cannot bank with God and end up small in life.
Nothing handles fear of the unknown as much as unceasing prayer. The scripture charges, “Pray without ceasing”(1 Thessalonians 5:17). This is the posture every believer must maintain to keep the activities of the heavens running over their lives.
I must submit to you that, God depends on your prayer to have a free flow of operations in your life. Without your prayer sacrifices, the operation of the heavens is limited within your space. Faith is your purchasing power in the spirit which is generated through fellowship with the word and built up through unceasing prayers.
If anyone must lead a triumphant life upon the earth, the culture of prayer must be the natural phenomenon with such an individual. Prayer strengthens faith while Faith ensures answers to Prayers. What Jesus went to do at Gesthemane was faith fortification. The Bible says, He prayed and the angel came to strengthen Him. Then on the ground of the absorbed strength, He carried the cross.
When you are out of strength and fortitude to forge ahead, prayer is the best resort. This gives you access to the supply and provision of God for your life to keep you going on the right track and excel ultimately. The role of faith in prayer is indispensable, you need to offer all your prayer in faith to attract divine results.
The Power of Faith and Prayer
Asking in faith will make the miraculous a normal phenomenon in your lives. Prayer must first be understood as the lifestyle of a believer. It’s not just a tool of escape from emergent situations, but a regular life everyone named after God must cultivate.
If you can be diligent in your prayer of faith, God is always there to aid you in the realization of your dreams, goals, and vision. Prayer and faith don’t have power in themselves, power is only in God. Prayer and faith help you to connect to such power.
The intervention of heaven is naturally attracted to any matter you can pray and believe God about. If you pray long and deep enough, doors will be opened unto and forces of heaven will come to your aid without delays. Praying as if it’s already done is proof of trust and hope in God who guarantees answered prayers
Challenges abound in life some of which appear insurmountable like there’s no way forward. It’s important to come into the recognition of God’s ability to do the impossible in such a moment and time. If you truly know God and you’re fully persuaded by Him, you should never face a problem in life that will make you say there’s no solution.
When hard times show up, it’s a normal thing to become puzzled and disturbed not knowing what to do. You may not know which route to take, which path to follow, and who to call for help. If you find yourself in such a moment, don’t feel depressed about it, you’re not the first to be in such a shoe. Many have found themselves there and God made a way for them.
When you find yourself helpless, that’s when you’re in the best position to receive divine help. Divine help is often functional on those who are very helpless. Should you find yourself helpless? You’re the very one God wants to help! God is the very present help in the time of troubles. The best prayer request is to ask God for His mercy and help daily.
The best time to enjoy God’s intervention in your life is when you’re in dire need. If you can call on God in faith, he will show up every time. “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” (Jeremiah 33:3). If He’s called upon, He will always show up.
The first step you should ever take is to seek the face of God heartily. You may not find it easy especially when the situation is very complicating, but that’s the best thing you should do. It’s only on this ground of prayer that you can activate God’s help while waiting for Him believing He will show up. You have to gather yourself together to engage in fervent prayers.
Your greatest advantage in life is the power of faith and prayer. This lifts you beyond the limitations that exist in the world and places you under divine care. Satan doesn’t want you to pray because he knows he will lose any battle you bring God into. When all the roads are blocked in the earth realms, connect to God to open the ways for you in heavenly realms. The ground may be blocked but the airways are always opened.
Prayer will keep you from fear, just the same way fear will attempt to keep you from prayer. To access the power of faith and prayer, you must guard your heart against negative thoughts, doubt, unforgiveness, and fears. These may constitute a major hindrance to your prayer. Your mind and your mouth must be filled with hope, faith, joy, positive statement, and action of faith. Don’t pray to God and later nullifies the effect of your prayer through negative speeches and thoughts.
If you allow doubt to invade your heart after prayers, you’ll never know the power of faith and prayer and indeed, prayer is powerful. The scripture charges against doubt, “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let, not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord” (James 1:5-7)
Pray but do it in faith without wavering. If you waver, you’ll not receive anything from God. The potency of prayer is determined by faith quality in it.
Prayer is the highest expression of humility before God. It takes a humble man to pray. Those who are mighty and sufficient in themselves don’t often see a need to pray. You position yourself for lifting when you humble yourself before God. Without humility, there’s no upliftment “Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you in due time” (1 Peter 5:6). Help doesn’t come to those who are already sufficient in themselves.
Prayer is how you cast your cares upon God because you’re persuaded He cares for you affectionately. You’ll never know the amazing possibilities that exist in God until you start praying effectively. Your password into the world of possibilities is faith and prayer
Prayer of Faith Psalm
Psalm is a compendium of faith-life and word of hope. The characters in the book of psalms for which David is a majority exemplifies a life of absolute trust in God in trying times when all hope is gone. Prayer of faith psalm helped them walk through their difficult days and yet they won ultimately.
Faith and Prayer using the book of psalms as guidelines is a very potent weapon to combat opposing forces in the journey of life. Psalms inspire hope and quicken one’s faith if used efficiently. How to pray according to the bible is to engage the use of psalms in prayer. Below are powerful insights from the book of psalms to inspire your faith and prayer life.
1. Love the Son, lest he is angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him( Psalms 2:12). Trusting the Lord enlists you for a life of blessings.
2. But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee(Psalms 5:11). But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation (Psalms 13:5). Trusting in the Lord is the only guaranteed source of joy.
3. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee ( Psalms 9:10). When you establish your trust in God, you’re shielded from disappointment. He will always be by your side.
4. Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust (Psalms 16:1). The pathway to preservation is absolute reliance on God. Faith preserves and protects you from the pollution of the word.
5. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him (Psalms 18:2,30). He who trusts in God will have Him as a source of strength, refuge, buckler, and high tower in the time of insecurity.
6. Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God (Psalms 20:7). The surest place to put your hope is in God. Horses will fail, chariots will stumble but the Lord stands sure forever.
7. For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the Highest he shall not be moved. (Psalms 21:7). The quickest route to the establishment is trusting in the Lord.
8. They cried unto thee and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him (Psalms 22:5-8). Everyone may be ashamed but those who put their trust in God can never be ashamed. The Lord is ever committed to delivering those who put their confidence in Him
9. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee (Psalms 25:2,20). When the prayer of faith is offered to God, deliverance from enemies is ascertained. Your soul shall be kept as you put your trust in Him.
10. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him( Psalms 28:7). Nothing delivers help to you faster than your faith in God. The rejoicing of your heart is proof that you’re unified with Him. He who trusts in Him doesn’t get saddened no matter how terrible the situations are.
11. In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness…. but I trust in the LORD. But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said Thou are my God. Oh, how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men (Psalms 31:1-19). You cannot claim to have believed in God if you don’t dislike the vanity.
12. Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about (Psalms 32:10). Life without divine mercy is a mess. The key that grants one access to this endless mercy is trust in the Lord.
12. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate (Psalms 34:8,22).
13. There are no two ways to enjoy the Lord except through trust in Him. The soul of a man who relies on Him shall be redeemed and such a one shall not be desolate.
14. Trust in the LORD, and do good, so shalt thou dwells in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass. And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them because they trust in him. (Psalms 37: 3,5,40). Goodness is a virtue, anyone who relies on the Lord must be committed to doing it. Food is the greatest need of man fully assured in God as we show absolute dependency on Him.
15. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respects not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies (Psalms 40:3,4). A life of confidence in God is a life of continual singing. As you choose to sing of God’s goodness, wondrous things shall happen in your life which makes men fear your God and submit to His Lordship.
15. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever (Psalms 52:8). There’s no end to trust in the Lord, it’s to be done forevermore. Anyone who maintains this disposition will be found fresh in life and all his endeavors
16. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me (Psalms 56:3-4,11). The presence of fear is nothing but the absence of faith. When fear overcharges your heart, your faith tank must be licking. As you engage in the prayer of faith, your heart will be baptized with the spirit of faith to help you trust God again.
17. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us (Psalms 62:8). The greatest sin before our heavenly father is unbelief. Let never be a time when you lose the ability to trust Him. If you can rely on Him always, He will always come through for you.
18. In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth ( Psalms 71:1,5). None shall be forsaken that puts their trust in Him. He’s always faithful to carry them through from their youth till their old ages. You have your good father as your lifetime companion as long as you establish your reliance upon Him.
19. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee( Psalms 84:12). Even the hosts of the heavens put their trust in the Lord. This is the reason why they’re blessed forevermore. If a man exercises the same, he shall be undoubtedly blessed as the angels of the Lord.
20. He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD ( Psalms 112:7). The heart gets troubled when challenges arise. The greatest fight you have to deploy is to fight to keep your heart fixed on God. As long as your heart is unwavering, your life is safe and secured.
21. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes ( Psalms 118:8-9). Several things on earth and will tend to woo your loyalty to them. Some of these things promise you a secured future. Some can be money, some can be people that you rely upon. All of these are good, but the safest place to plant your trust is in the Lord.
22. They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever (Psalms 125:1). Mount Zion is a significant point of reference in the scripture. It has been used several times to typify the Lord’s unmovable commitment and protection over Israel. Everyone who puts His trust in the Lord shall be as unshakeable and unmovable as this mountain. Glory to God!!
23. Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift my soul unto thee (Psalms 143:8). The good news is the heritage of every believer of God. You’re connected to a stream of joy and endless goodness of God if you have made Him your rock and high tower
24. Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3). This is the man. The end of man is the beginning of God. The highest ground any man can take you is his limit. No man can take you beyond his capacity. Every help of man is as good as helplessness. Trusting the Lord is the safest.
25. They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them. O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield ( Psalms 115:8,10). You’re as good as who you depend upon. If you depend on a man, you’re as good as that man. If you depend on idols, you’re as good as one. If you trust in God, you’re as good as God. It’s wisdom to trust in the Lord.
Prayer Points on Faith
Faith is a currency of exchange in the economy of God that enables you to lay hold on the possessions of your heritage in life. You cannot succeed in God without faith. Everyone who has done the incredible through God is an entity of absolute faith in the capacity of God. God is a faith God, if you must walk with Him, faith is your only access. This is why you must take prayer points on faith very seriously.
If you believe, you must pray. If your prayer must deliver results, it must be done with faith. Faith and prayer are the two sides of the coin that saints depend upon to have a quality relationship with God and enjoy divine benefits for their lives. Faith can be contacted both through the study of the word and the life of prayer. Disciples ask Jesus, “increase our faith”. If this has been your heart’s desire, prayer points on faith can get you there swiftly. Below are prayer points on faith
26. I thank you dear God for the ability to trust in you. I’m grateful for the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross which has become the basis of my faith.
27. Dear father, I trust in you. Let me not be ashamed of my hope in you. Strengthen my gaze on you so that I don’t lose sight of you no matter the raging storms that face me.
28. Help my mind to remain renewed in your truth so that I do not forget your wonderful promises for me even when I don’t understand what is going on around my life.
29. Grant me inner fortitude to maintain a disposition of faith in the face of the most gruesome challenges that come with each day.
30. Help me dear Lord to avoid enemies of faith and absolute trust in you who whispers unbelief to me to make me lose my confidence in you.
31. Whatever that is in me that is not encouraging the faith-life expected of me, take it away in the name of Jesus.
32. Every stronghold or imagination that is combating my mind to distrust God and walk in His ways, let them be taken off in the name of Jesus.
33. As I put my trust in you, let the miracle without limit happen in my life. Let the glory of your grace be seen in everything that has to do with me.
34. Dear Lord, It takes your word to activate the living faith in a man. Speak your word of power unto me so that I may walk in uncommon faith to command uncommon exploit
35. Unbelief displeases you, dear Lord. May you purify my heart so that I may walk in faith-fire all the time to please you.
36. Every event you have allowed into my life to activating a lion-faith in me, give me understanding so that I may learn the lesson that every event brings.
37. Your word is the source of faith, help me to abide in your word as you abide in me. Let me never lose consciousness of you dear God.
38. Empower me with the might by your spirit in the inner man so that Christ may dwell in my heart by faith. So that I may be rooted in your love for my life.
39. Every association that has crept into my life to lead me out of your precepts for my life, father take them away and grant me the grace to follow even when it means standing alone.
40. Let the blood of Jesus wash my mind from unbelief so that I may trust you day and night without exercising any form of unbelief.
41. Every Sense of insecurity that poses threats to my faith in you, let your light judge them and reinforce my sense of security in you.
42. Every strange doctrine I have swallowed that is breeding unbelief in me, I spew them in the name of Jesus Christ.
43. O God, set my heart on fire so that I may exercise true apostolic faith in you all the time. Let the fire of faith in my faith be ever burning on the altar of my heart.
44. Initiate me into an uncommon faith that will engender uncommon exploit. Grant me a mindset that can believe you for the impossible.
45. Let the spirit of faith dominate me so that there will be no space in my heart to entertain unbelief that can cut my miracle from coming forth.
46. Every spirit deployed against me from the heavenly to weary and frustrate my faith, arise O God, and scatter them for your namesake.
47. It’s in your good pleasure that those who trust in you shall never be put to shame. Let me never be confounded because I trust in you.
48. O God, do a major work in my life that will attract the attention of my neighbors to you and submit themselves under your Lordship.
50. As a result of my faith in you, cause my life to move from glory to glory. Let me never know a better yesterday no matter how good a yesterday might be. Let my tomorrow be found greater in the name of Jesus.
51. Every power that wants to prove your word a lie in my life, frustrate them, and put them to nothing. Let those who trust in you rejoice exceedingly.
52. Cause my faith to grow from one level to the other. I refuse to experience stagnation in my walk of faith with you in the name of Jesus.
33. I ask for the power of the Spirit in my life to help me operate the God kind of faith just as Jesus did when He walked the earth. Father, make the possibilities of Jesus become my possibilities also.
34. Faith speaks in alignment with God’s language. I ask that you will train my tongue to speak in the same language as you in the name of Jesus.
35. I commend my spirit, my soul, and my body to work together in alignment with the counsel of God for my life. Nothing in me shall walk against God’s purpose in the name of Jesus.
Prayers for Faith and Trust in God
The most important duty of every man is to trust God. Having faith in God could be difficult because primarily God is invisible. Men often love to believe what they see. Many claims to trust in God but their actions don’t support their confession. The spirit of every man is truly willing but the flesh is weak. If you can engage in prayers for faith and trust in God, you’ll be impacted with an ability to trust in the Lord.
God wants to be trusted. Seeking Him constantly will develop one’s ability to trust Him without fears and doubt. Faith and prayers are so paramount to solidify your trust in God and walk at His frequency. As you read through the prayers, pray them heartily and you will see the amazing wonders of faith and prayers can accomplish. Below are prayers for faith and trust in God
36. Dear God and Father, make me a person who stands strong with you and trusts you with my whole heart. Make me unshakable and unmovable in the face of adversity. Teach my soul stability in your holy word as I walk through life.
37. Give me a single eye that looks to you when temptation is near, trusting you as the only rock and salvation. Let me be helped to project my rugged faith until a conquest is obtained.
38. Help me through your Holy Spirit to develop that deeper trust in you with an unflinching conviction even when every visible circumstance is contrary to your word.
39. Teach me resilience and persistence in faith, holding on to you as my confidant when all else fails and falters. Be my stronghold and buckler where my soul can always resort.
40. There’s a race ahead of me, I don’t know how to get there but I depend on you solely to journey me there. Your arm is wide enough to carry me, I rest in the comfort of your promises. Dear father and friend, carry me through.
41. My strength is a limited one, but I rest on your unlimited strength. Let worry, doubt and fear be all gone from me as I look to you for life and strength.
42. Increase my faith level in you so that I may exercise an unbending trust in you as long as it is required of me. Strengthen me to continue with you until my eyes see your name glorified in every situation.
43. Oh God, I’m often tempted to look around because I cannot see further into your plans and purposes for me. Help me to overcome lack of sight to see further from here and keep my focus on the right thing
44. Trusting you may be very difficult especially when nothing is clear. It’s difficult for me to let you take over sometimes. But I ask for the grace to leave my life in your hands knowing that you can do the impossible.
45. You’re invisible yet you’re the most visible to anyone whose trust is in you. Help me to see you the invisible so that I can do the impossible that is expected of me.
46. Give me a believing heart that trusts in you wholeheartedly without a space for unbelief in any compartment in my heart. Let my heart be filled with faith giving glory to God.
47. Deliver me from struggles with unbelief. Strengthen my sense of assurance in your holy word knowing that your word has the power to deliver whatever it says.
48. Help me to see you as a father who has a better plan for me than myself. Help me to grow in faith and the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
49. Help me to take off my eyes from mountains and challenges before me and put my eyes all on you who can level every mountain and dissolve all challenges.
50. Oh God, become magnified in my eyes. The bigger I see you, the smaller and insignificant the challenges will get. Let me see you as you are in the name of the Lord Jesus.
51. Help me to trust your direction for my life, trusting your intelligence each day of my life. Help me to be confident in your guidance for my life and help me to follow you accordingly.
52. Use my life as a vivid demonstration of what trust in you should be like so that everyone around me may see the operation of your hands and glorify you who is in heaven.
53. Help my faith to trust in you more and more each day. You have my best interest at heart than I do for me. Let your purpose stand in my life and do all your pleasure in me.
54. I’m prone to depending on what I can see and can do. Help me dear Lord to look away from me completely and cast my gaze on you.
55. Every cloud of confusion that surrounds me, making the journey ahead of me unclear, Lord break it and make me see your plans for me.
56. My sense of security in everyone around me is fleeting, but I can trust in you alone who doesn’t disappoint. Help me grow in that attitude of looking away from the environment to looking up to you in the name of Jesus.
57. Take over my desire, my heart, and my entire life and transform them to conform to your will. Give me a submissive heart that bows to your will completely.
58. Lord, when I see answers to prayers in my life, I will be strengthened to believe in you more. Make my expectations in you come into reality so that my faith can grow like a palm tree.
59. You’re a faithful God who is wiser in all His ways. Be my habitation and stronghold where my soul can find rest all the days of my appointed time on earth.
60. Teach me patience that waits on you until your word becomes a living reality. Give me a never give up spirit that is unbending and unshakable.
Helpful resource: praying prophetically
Conclusively: The place of prayers and faith cannot be overemphasized in our walk with God. We’ll walk in fortune and advantages if we make prayers and faith our regular lifestyle.
I trust that you’ll apply what you’ve read so far. Don’t forget to share your testimonies with me and also share with family and friends so that they could be part of the blessings.