Life generally can be full of uncertainty. Human beings cannot see beyond their noses. The inability to see beyond our noses sometimes inspire fears in our heart. These fears are often sponsored through many questionnaires such as, how do I take hold of my future, how will I get my dreams actualized, how do I get married, what will happen to my life in the next ten years? These can result in a lot of uneasiness in the mind. Almost everyone feels this way on the planet earth, overcoming your fears is the only way to stay and be at peace.
Everyone is afraid of one thing or the other. The fear of the unknown will at one time or the other play music in your soul. You may never get to a point in your life where you’ll have nothing that gives you concerns about life. This could be about your kids, your wife, husband, family, business, your country, or the world at large. These are some of the reasons why fear comes in mind. You may not be able to stop the events that inspire fear in your heart, but overcoming your fears is always possible by employing overcoming fear essential life skills.
You need to develop overcoming fear essential life skills because fears can demoralize you and cripple you from making the necessary moves you ought to make in life. How so many people have been crippled by the fear of the unknown and are unable to make progress in their lives. The fears you don’t address will leave you depressed. It’s either you address your fears or your fears suppress you. This is how to overcome fear and anxiety
Conquering your fears is so important so that you can avoid opening doors to the activities of the enemies around you and give them a ground for a free operation. Fear is a subtle way of the devil to make you experience what you are afraid of. Anything you’re afraid of will happen to you if you don’t conquer it. Whatever you fear, you create. You’ve got to learn how to push through fear.
Anxiety is a satanic strategy to penetrate your life and gain a foothold. This is why fighting your fears must be taken very seriously. Fear is very tormenting and can end the life of its victim. For example, How to overcome the fear of death is by getting rid of the thoughts of death from your heart and you will be free indeed if you do so. I know you want to overcome your fears, that why you’re on this page. Follow through as I show you ‘THE HOW TO OVERCOMING YOUR FEARS’.
How to Remove Fear from Mind and Heart
Your heart is the center of activities where the shape of your life is formed. Whatever thing that is predominant in your heart will become evident in your life. This is why the scripture says, “Guard your heart with all diligence because out of them proceed the issues of life”. If you are not in control of your mind, you’re not in control of your life. Learning how to get rid of fearful thoughts and remove fear from your mind and heart is one of the ways of fighting them.
Whenever the enemy wants to launch an attack against a man, he starts from the heart of such a man. If he gains root in any heart, he will penetrate all other parts of that life. Business, family, finances, and everything that makes life enjoyable will be affected. If there’s any point in your life where you notice you’re afraid of something, then you should employ the following strategies I’m about to show you.
Below are the strategies you employ to remove fear from your heart, mind and your life entirely.
1. Identify the source of your fear: It’s important to find out what makes you afraid before you can talk about overcoming it. The problem you cannot identify, you cannot solve. One of the things that fear will do to you is to block your thinking. It could make you become paralytic in thinking that you will not be able to figure out anything. This should make you get rid of fearful thoughts.
Take time out, seat down, and observe why you are afraid. Once you find out why you are afraid, the problem is half solved. If you consider what makes you afraid very well, you will find out that they are often the thought of impossibilities. Maybe a problem that looks so big that you cannot handle it. It could a debt so large that you cannot pay it back. Maybe a health challenge that appears so deteriorate that you don’t even know what medication to apply. Identify the source of your fear first. This is one of the steps to overcome fear.
2. Talk to yourself: After you have identified your fear, then talk to yourself that nothing is impossible. How does fear come? Fear operates in the heart. The gateway to the heart are your ears and eyes. If this is true, fear cannot gain entrance if your eyes have not seen something or your ears have not heard something. For example, maybe you watch something on Television or you heard a report from a doctor, a financial analyst, or other sources. What you hear or see can engender anxieties or unrest in your soul.
The same way fear enters your heart is the same way you’ll uproot it. If your eyes have seen a wrong picture that has instigated fear in your heart or mind, you need to set your eyes on the right picture to delete and replace the existing one. If you have heard bad news anywhere and it has infiltrated your heart, then you need to speak to yourself the positive news until the existing information is wiped off your mind.
No matter how complex the situations may appear, talk to yourself that there’s is a solution, there’s a way and nothing is impossible. If you ring this bell long enough in your heart, your heart will believe it, and your mind will be alive again to see and think a way out. This will even will help you to hear God tell you a way out of the challenges. If you’re fuzzed up, you cannot hear God. De-congest your head by speaking a faith-filled word into your heart. This is even how to help someone who is scared or afraid.
3. Ingest God’s promise. God has not left you without helps. No wonder He has given you the scripture to educate you on the way out of everything. If you are full of scripture, you’ll never be out of encouragement. “For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope” (Romans 15:4).
As you study the scripture, you will see how Abraham gave birth to a child in an impossible age. Who did that? God! You will see how a highway was created on the red sea, who did it? God! You will see how Noah escaped the flood. Who did that? God! Then what is your own problem that cripple God?
When you travel through the scripture and you see how God delivered people from seemingly impossible situations, your faith will be quickened and your fear will disappear. God is ever committed to giving you a faith quickening word as often you visited His word. This is how to overcome fear biblically.
4. Pray away from your fear: “God has not given you the spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind”. Anything that makes you afraid is not from God. Prayer is how you ought to address your fears. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” ( Philippians 4:6-7).
When your response to fear is prayer, God’s response to you will be peace. As you begin to pray, it’s important to pray very long until your fears disappear, and the peace of God will fill your heart. Pray about your fear so that your fear doesn’t prey on you. If you want to know how to step into your fears, then begin with intense prayers. Amen.
5. Praise God excessively. Fear can be a result of the bigness of the problems before your face. All you need to make your problems insignificant is to get God magnified in your sight. Praise makes God becomes magnified in your heart. The bigger God gets in your sight, the smaller those things that make you afraid become.
“In God, I will praise His word, I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me” ( Psalms 56:4). Nothing removes fear from heart and mind like offering praises unto God. Where God is continually praised, fear is an inactive entity.
6. Entertain the right thoughts: “Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy–meditate on these things” (Philippians 4:8).
After you have ingested the scripture, prayed, and praised, you need to be disciplined on what you set your heart upon. You’ve got to be selective on what plays on your heart. The text above has educated you to fill your heart with things that are true, pure, good reports, praiseworthy, lovely, and so on. Fear will go when you no longer host it in your thoughts.
7. Talk to somebody: Sometimes, the answers to the questions that give you concerns are in the mouth of somebody you have not spoken to. In the multiple of counsel, the bible says, there’s safety. Talk to somebody whose intelligence and spirit you trust. As much you want to talk to somebody, ensure that you talk to the right person. The greatest mistake you could ever make is to talk to the wrong person. You will wish you had not! Let God lead you to a worthy counselor.
“Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water, But a man of understanding will draw it out”. (Proverbs 20:5) In case, you talk to a counselor, learn how to draw what is needed for your help from whatever he/she may say. You may not need everything the person says, wisdom will help you draw out what’s needed.
How to Overcome Fear in Life
Fear in life cannot be overcome once and for all. The fear you overcome today may visit again tomorrow. There’s nothing wrong with that. You are required to learn to withstand them whenever they show up. When life shows up, then you too show up. How to overcome fear in life is not by being afraid of fear but by being skillful in how to handle them whenever they arise. Overcoming the fear of fear is what you have to do by your fear.
Life may never be fear-free, but you can always devise a way of overcoming your fears. If you must fight your fears, you need to be bold and courageous. Conquering fear is not for the cowardice but for the strong. Success is only possible if only you have been able to fight what makes you afraid into extinction. The fear you don’t fight will fight you down and take charge of your future.
These are some of the ways you can fight your fear in life.
1. Be prepared for life: Life is full of unthinkable and incredible challenges that can suppress a man who is not prepared to handle them. The difference between a failure and a successful person is the fear they have faced and overcome. Life will come with different versions of challenges you may not have been expecting. If they come when you are not prepared to handle them, you’ll be thrown off balance.
A lot of people walk through life expecting positive things to happen to them only, without making prior preparation for the negative things that might come uninvited. It’s not advisable to be so optimistic without preparing for the worse that might come. Be very optimistic, but also prepare for the inevitable adversities. You’re not prepared for life if you don’t prepare this way.
2. Foresee the Future: “A prudent man foresees the evil, and hides himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished” (Proverbs 22:3). What you can see coming cannot destabilize you. Foresight enhances prior preparation. When you use the tool of your imagination to see what’s coming ahead of you, nothing will take you unawares. Learn to see ahead of time and make adequate preparation to handle every challenge coming your way.
3. Confront your fear. Your fear ought to be fought to its face, not to be nurtured or fled from. Some of the things that make you afraid are a non-existing entity. You will never know they are nonexistent if you do not know how not to be intimidated. If you are not confrontational enough, you’ll never be able to fight your fear into oblivion. Your fear will either fight you down or you fight your fear down. A choice must be made here.
If you flee from your fear, your fear flees after you but if you face your fear, it will flee from you. What you don’t pursue cannot be chased. You’ll never know that your fear is afraid of you until you start fighting it. Fear is to be fought not to be feared.
4. Stay encouraged and courageous: The secret of successful people is the ability to stay encouraged all the time. They have not relied their encouragement on the third party, they’re self-motivated themselves. David encouraged himself in the Lord, that was why he was a consistent winner.
If you are out of courage, you are paralyzed from taking the necessary steps required of you. Without courage, there is no future. You need reckless boldness to deliver the potential of your future. When does fear become a problem? When you lack courage to fight it!
5. Keep the right association: “He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of the unwise will be destroyed” (Proverbs 13:20).
Getting to your future depends largely on the association you keep. You can never be an effective eagle walking with an elephant. Your future can be predicted by the association you keep. Wisdom demands that you look out for those who are of like passion or going the same direction with you or who have attained what you are hoping for.
If you have a friend that has achieved what your greatest dream is, your fear will disappear and you’ll be convinced that anything is possible if you keep on. It’s difficult to be a winner among losers. Keeping company with the right people will birth courage and starve your fear.
6. Imagine yourself in a safe place: The force of your imagination is what connects you to the future you want to be. Your current circumstances may not be appealing and may be very discouraging, but if you can see yourself ending well, the courage to continue will be inspired.
Your imagination gives you the promise of a good future, it keeps your hope awakened and gives you the strength to reach out for your dreams. Regardless of how fuzzy the cloud might be, dare to reach inward and see a great future. Use the force of your imagination to keep your future alive.
7. Don’t be afraid of the fight: Whenever the fights of life present themselves, don’t project timidity, show forth strength. Show capability, if you do so, you will be too indomitable to be conquered. If you must always win, you must know how to have no fear of fighting. Make a resolution to keep on the fight until you have won.
How to Overcome Fear in the Bible
There is a bible way to overcoming your fears and I will do well to show you how to apply them correctly. God has been aware that there will be things that will make you afraid in life before you were born. He has before the time prescribed a way out for you. When you subscribe to His prescription, you’ll live without been seized with fears. How to overcome fear in the bible is the only way we can live without being afraid of the future. God always has the best antidotes to fear.
Overcoming your fears will require that you look into the bible and see into the overcoming fear stories of the bible characters. As you apply what I’m about to show you, you will conquer your worries and anxieties. It’s important to know that, you’re not the first to be afraid about life. What is happening to you has once happened to several people. If they could win, you can also win. Below are some helpful tips to withstanding your fears the bible way.
1. When fear comes, turn to God before you face your fear: “I sought the LORD, and he heard me and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalms 34:4).
This how-to start the fight against fear. When You find yourself too small to confront your fear, face your big God and He will deliver you from your big fears. You cannot look unto Him and still be afraid. Fear often comes when you’re unable to see the mightiness of God. If you cannot see God in His majesty, everything will look very big to you.
When you turn to God and seek Him with the whole of your heart, what makes you afraid will be taken care of by His power. “I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none will make you afraid; I will rid the land of evil beasts, and the sword will not go through your land” (Leviticus 26:6). Only God can afford this kind of security amid fear. This is not because things that inspire fear will disappear, but in the midst of it, God can give peace.
2. Listen to God: God’s voice is God’s injection that induces a man to do the impossible. Who you give your ears to matters a lot in the time of fear. If you listen to situations, fear will increase, if you listen to God, faith will stir up in your heart. Both faith and fear come by hearing. If you hear circumstances, fear will rise, if you hear God, faith will rise.
God repeatedly told Joshua, “fear not”. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).
The word God spoke to him injected him for a great life. If you listen to God, He will do the same to you. Your fear will not only become your experience if you can give your ears to God than the surrounding situations.
3. Live by Faith: The future you cannot see will give you concern. It’s normal to be afraid of the unknown. In such a time when the unknown makes you afraid, living by faith is your greatest stronghold. Faith is believing that the future you don’t see exists and it’s real. “If you can believe, you will see the glory of God”, declares the scriptures.
Your future may not be realistic and believable, but God is always believable. And if you can believe God, He will always give you the future of your dreams. Overcoming fear and living by faith are inseparable. It takes faith to eradicate fears.
4. Live on His Word: Bible is filled with “fear not” scriptures. If you can take a handful number of them and engraved them on your inside, you’ll be too tough to be conquered by Life. Below are some of the scriptures.
1. “After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward” (Genesis 15:1).
2. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1.9).
3. “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10).
4. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”(Philippians 4:6).
5. “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” (Psalms 56:3).
6. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7).
7. “Peace is what I leave with you; it is my peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid.” (John 14:27).
8. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” (1 John 4:18).
9. “In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul” (Psalms 94:19).
10. “But now, this is what the Lord says…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”(Isaiah 43:1)
11. “ Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad” (Proverbs 12:25).
12. “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalms 23:4).
13. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34).
14. “ Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6-7).
15. “Say to those who are fearful-hearted, “Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you” (Isaiah 35:4).
16. “Then He said to His disciples, “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing. Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?
And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?” (Luke 12:22-26).
17. “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1).
18. “Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.” (Psalm 55:22).
19. “Immediately he spoke to them and said, ‘Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.’” (Mark 6:50)
20. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
21. “’ For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, “Fear not, I will help you.'”Fear not, you worm Jacob, You men of Israel! I will help you,” says the LORD And your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.” (Isaiah 41:13-14).
22. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” (Psalms 46:1).
23. “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper.” (Psalm 118:6-7).
24. “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.”(Proverbs 29:25).
25. “The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.” (Psalm 34:7).
26. “He got up, rebuked the wind, and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be still!” Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” (Mark 4:39-40).
27. “For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers, But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.” And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” (1 Peter 3:14).
28. “I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4)
29. “Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you” (2 Chronicles 20:17).
30. “Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you.” (Deuteronomy 3:22).
31. “Then he placed his right hand on me and said: ‘Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.’” (Revelation 1:17)
32. “And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will show to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more forever” ( Exodus 14:13)
33. “Jesus told him, ‘Don’t be afraid; just believe” (Mark 5:36.)
34. “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.” (Romans 8:38-39).
35. “The Lord your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.” (Zephaniah 3:17).
36. “Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your descendants from the east, And gather you from the west” (Isaiah 43:5).
37. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Highest will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”…He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings, you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday”(Psalms 91:1-6).
38. “Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. In righteousness you shall be established; You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; And from terror, for it shall not come near you” ( Isaiah 54:4, 14).
39. “Do not fear, O Jacob My servant,” says the LORD, “For I am with you; For I will make a complete end of all the nations To which I have driven you, But I will not make a complete end of you. I will rightly correct you, For I will not leave you wholly unpunished.” (Jeremiah 46:27-28).
40. “Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things” (Joel 2:21).
41. “Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, your King comes, sitting on an ass’s colt” ( John 12:15).
Take the above scriptures, eat them, personalized them and confess them until faith rises in your heart . if you have done that, you’ll be injected with an indomitable mentality.
5. Maintain a winning mindset: Conquest is of the heart. You have to be victor within if you must not be victim without. You cannot be loser in your mind and win in your life. It is important keep a winning mentality regardless of the fear ravaging your heart. Talk out loud to yourself until your mind is filled with winning music.
Strategies/steps to overcome fear
Fear has it’s antidotes, it can be treated whenever it showcases. There’s nothing as confusing as not knowing what to do when situations arise. The problem is not often the problem, the problem is not knowing what to do about the problem. Strategies to overcome fear will help you handle them effectively and you’ll live the rest of your life in peace that passes all your understanding.
It’s good to be prepared for whatever may come your way. Don’t be caught unprepared in the fight for life. Jesus once said, “In the world, you’ll have tribulations but be of good cheers, I have overcome the world“. This implies that you may not always be able to stop challenges from coming your way but you can always overcome them each time they show up. Here are the strategies and steps to overcome fear.
1. Keep your mind on God: “You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You Because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3). Peace may not be obtainable in the world all the time, but in God, peace is always constant. As you walk through your way into success, make God your object of focus, not the situations.
No one can disappoint you if you are not expecting anything from them. You’re on the safer side when your expectations are from God. Expect great things from life, but let it be that it is the Lord you’re trusting to bring them to pass. You cannot trust the Lord and be disappointed.
2. Live believing: “Trust in the LORD forever, For in Yah, the LORD, is everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26:4). Faith is not what you have when there are challenges of life, faith is a lifestyle you maintain whether there are challenges or not. This keeps the blessing of the Lord running over your life constantly without cessation. You can never be ashamed as you maintain this disposition.
3. Rejoice in God: Joy in the Lord is an enemy of fear. Let your God be your joy and your fear. Instead of being afraid of the future unknown, fear the God you know. The God you know will take care of the future unknown
“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels” (Isaiah 61:10).
4. Exercise Patience: “Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass” (Psalms 37:7). Many people are afraid of the future because of the intimidation of the successes of others. Maybe you have looked into the future and you’re asking yourself when will I get to this point in life?
It’s normal for a futuristic person to ask such questions. Truly, you believe there is a future for you but you don’t know when exactly it will come. Patience must be exercised in God in such a time. Everything God has promised you will happen but not without faith and patience.
5. Be secured in God: Fear comes as a result of the sense of insecurity in God. Everyone seeks security for their futures, which could be financial security, marital security, and other areas. The instability of the world may not guarantee you all these but God can always assure you that all will be well.
“What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee” (Psalms 56:3). Whenever you find out that fears have overtaken your heart, then you need to reinforce your sense of security and faith in God.
5. Walk in Love: “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18). It’s important to understand God’s love for your life. If you only know how much God loves you, your fears will be gone. Fear is a symptom of the deficiency of the revelation of God’s love for your life.
Anytime worry and anxiety seize your heart, take time out, and refresh your memory with the revelation of God’s love for your life. If you are not established in God’s love for you, your life will be under undue torment.
6. Pray in the Spirit: “For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” (Romans 8:15).
The spirit of adoption that has made you a son is the spirit that cries to God daily. The response of that spirit to fear is a cry to God as the father. When you cry Abba father continually, God will take care of your fear. Crying Abba Father is a way of bringing your fear face to face with God. If your fear sees the face of God, it will disappear in no time.
7. Live a day at a time: Care about the present, trust God for the future
“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its things. Sufficient for the day is its trouble” (Mathew.6:34). If you can engage in these exercises to overcome fear, you will overcome indeed.
Conquer your Fears Quotes
Withstanding your fear is nonnegotiable. If your fear has not been overcome, you don’t have ground for winning in life. Fear will attack your boldness and puncture your self-esteem. As you apply to conquer your fear quotes, overcoming your fears is certain.
Do not allow your fear to stop you, if you do, you’ll never know what success looks like. Sometimes, the spirit of pessimism may invade your heart and your heart is full of questions like, ‘ what if doesn’t work, what if I fail, what if it doesn’t succeed?’ These questions are inevitable especially if you are just daring a new zone. When such questions arise in your mind, learn to counter them by the spirit of optimism with expressions as, what if it works, what if I succeeds?’. If you can be very proficient at doing this, you’ll see yourself overcoming your fears.
1. Everyone must confront and conquer their fears. Anyone who doesn’t fight his fears will be conquered by His fears.
2. Having fear is not the problem, allowing fear to rule our lives is the chief problem. How we handle our fear will determine the direction our lives will go.
3. If you face your fear early enough, it will take you to where you should be. If you don’t confront it, it will keep you where you are.
4. Passivity leads to fear, activity engenders confidence. One feat will increase your confidence to achieve another.
5. You don’t conquer your fear by sit-thinking about it, you conquer it by moving in that direction. You will never know what you are afraid about doesn’t exist until you step into it. Step into your fear or your fear steps you down.
6. Much strength, courage, intelligence, and experience will be added to you when you are bold enough to confront your fear to face.
7. If you want to overcome your fear, step into what you think you cannot do. If you eventually can do what you think you cannot do, your courage to dare higher things will be heightened.
8. Don’t be afraid of challenges that might come your way in the pathways of adventures, they add more value to you than hurts. The values may come through pains but at least it’s valuable.
9. Fear says, there’s a lion in the street hunting after me. Faith says Lion is meat for me to energize me for victory. Challenges are the same, mindset makes all the difference.
10. Fear is a bondage. If you wait to walk in freedom, be fearless. There’s no true freedom without fearlessness.
11. Successful people also feel afraid like everyone, they have only conquered their fears and make success happen. Success is the reward of conquest over fears.
12. It’s a lack of understanding that leads to fear. When understanding comes, fear disappears and loses its grip on you.
13. Success is meant for those who can act despite their fears. If success is your goal, fear is a bad partner.
14. Entertaining fears reduces your chances of success. If you are more afraid than you are courageous, you’re too weak to achieve success.
15. Let your obsession for success be far higher than your regards for fears. If success is important to you than your fears, then you should fight your fears at all costs.
16. Change cannot happen until you sacrifice your fear on the altar of faith. Where faith is, fear bows out.
17. Conquering fear is an everyday fight. The secret of daily victory is to live conquering your fear every day.
18. Fear keeps us hostage to our past mistakes and obsesses us with worries about the future. Either about the past or the future, fear must be gone.
19. The first step to conquering your fear is to identify it. The fear you cannot identify you cannot conquer.
20. Do not be afraid of your storms, rather acquire the skill to sail through them. As you sail through them, you become a master of life and circumstances.
In conclusion, fear must be fought as an enemy with all the arsenals you’ve got. Withstanding your fear is the greatest decision you’ll ever make as a destiny or success lover. Your fear is as strong as your thoughts have coated. You’ll only know this when you step into the midst of those things that make you afraid.
As you have been refreshed and invigorated by this message, ensure you share it with family, family friends, and loved ones. You can also contact me for further counseling and prayers.