Prayer is the medium through which the children of God communicate with their Father. This is one of the most powerful tools that can give us strength and comfort in times of need. Weakness is common to men but to almighty God is strength available all the time. As we engage in prayer for strength and comfort, we exchange our weaknesses for divine strength.
When we pray for strength, we are asking God for the power and strength to overcome some challenges around us and for Him to comfort us at all times. If you make prayers your habit, you will never be out of strength any day of your life.
Oftentimes we are down emotionally due to spiritual issues and struggles in life. In such as time as this, prayer provides us with the strength, assurance, and comfort needed to keep moving on.
The best way to get strength and consolation is by acknowledging God as our strengthener just as King David affirmed that God was His source of strength and courage in Psalm 18 verse 1.
Are you currently out of energy to continue your life course and you want to ask for divine power? Here are some powerful prayers put together that can be of help to you, infuse God’s strength into you, and make you have unusual strength in times of weakness.
Prayer of Encouragement And Strength
1. Dear God, I come before you today in need of your strength. I am feeling down and weak, and I need your help to get through this difficult time. Please give me the strength to face the challenges that comes my way each day.
2. Dear Father, please bless me with your strength and peace. Let me be filled with your love and light, and may I use your strength to serve and please you. Help me to be brave, and to trust in your goodness and love. Help me to be strong in my body, mind, and spirit. Give me the strength to keep going, even when things are tough.
3. Lord, I’m feeling weak and depressed. Please be my strength and help me to overcome every obstacle on my way in Jesus’ name. Amen
4. Lord, your encouragement is needed throughout my life journey. Please help me to overcome my fear of the future, let your will overshadow my desire. Please help me to make the right decisions and do not let me drown in the ocean of my problems but give me the strength and encouragement needed in Jesus’ name.
5. Heavenly Father, I lift my eyes to you. You are the helper of the helpless, please help me and strengthen my faith. Give me victory over every obstacle in Jesus’ name.
6. Dear God, when the road looks tough and rough, Lord please come to my aid and make the journey smooth for me. Please encourage me and guide me in all actions I take in life.
7. Oh God of all comfort and grace, you are my divine source of encouragement and strength; I come to you in total belief and trust in your word; I ask for strength and courage to stand in this trying time and to come out victorious.
8. Lord, I need your peace like a river and joy like an ocean. God, please strengthen me and be my support system. Let your will be done in my life. Guide my thoughts, words, and deeds.
9. Lord, give me the power not to stop praying and trusting in you. Lead me and teach me to pray, believe, hope, tolerate, forgive, and love. Lord, I need your encouragement in all I do. I pray to you in the name of Jesus. Amen.
10. I draw strength and comfort in my inner man from your Holy Spirit. I declare that I am strengthened spiritually, physically, emotionally, and mentally. My faith shall not grow cold, I shall finish strong, and I am more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus. I am not of them that quit and lose out; I will trust you all, for I know that my victory is assured in Christ. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
Related topic: effective prayer point
Prayer For Strength And Guidance
11. Dear God, I come before you today feeling weak and uncertain. I am struggling to find the strength and courage to face the challenges that lie ahead of me. Please give me the strength needed to carry on in Jesus’ name.
12. Lord, please strengthen and be my guidance always. God, show that you are my present help in times of trouble. Hear my cry and grant my heart desires for good.
13. Heavenly Father, I am calling upon your holy name today for divine guidance and strength to overcome every challenge on my way so that at the end of these trials, all glory and praise will be returned unto you. I pray through Christ Jesus our Lord, Amen.
14. Lord, I have realized that my strength can take me nowhere but your strength and divine guidance is the only one that can distinguish me for success and keep me flying. Please lift me up and give me the resilience I need to keep going.
15. Father, oftentimes I feel discouraged and I have so many fears in me. Dear God, please I need reassurance that all is going to be well with me again.
16. Almighty God, please give me the strength to trust in your plan and will for my life. Let your peace and strength encompass me, and give me the wisdom to make good decisions. Amen.
17. Heavenly Father, your strength and guidance is needed in my life because I feel overwhelmed and unsure of how to move forward. Please give me the strength to face my fears and the determination to keep going. Help me to trust in your loving presence and know that you are with me always.
18. Fill me with your peace and grace, and give me the wisdom to make the right choices. Thank you for being my rock and my stronghold. I put my trust in you, knowing that you will see me through whatever comes my way. Amen.
19. Feeling lost and alone. Please surround me with Your love and Your support, and give me the strength and courage to keep moving forward. I have been stuck in such circumstances for a long time, so I ask for your encouragement and help. Let me always feel your love, grace, caring hand, and encouraging us.
20. Father, I know that whenever I pray to you, you will answer me. And I know you can’t bring me this far just to abandon me. Please order my steps and give me your strength.
Psalms For Comfort And Strength
Psalms have been a source of comfort and strength for the children of God to remain strengthened in faith. Many verses offer strength and comfort in difficult times. Here we have some psalms that can help to strengthen and comfort you in a time like this.
21. “Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved”. (Psalm 55:22).
22. “The righteous cry and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles”. (Psalm 34:17).
23. “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1)
24. “In the day when I cried out, You answered me and made me bold with strength in my soul” (Psalm 138:3).
25. My flesh and my heart fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever (Psalm 73:26).
26. “The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” (Psalm 27:1).
27. “Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord”. ( Psalm 31:24).
28. “The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace”. ( Psalm 29:11)
29. “The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song, I will praise Him”. ( Psalm 28:7)
30. “My soul melts from heaviness; strengthen me according to Your word”. (Psalm 119:28).
Related topic: quotes on the power of prayer
Grieving Prayer For Comfort And Strength
31. Dear God, You are the Lord over everything I am going through right now. Please replace my sorrow with joy, and turn my test into testimony in Jesus’s name.
32. Lord, right now my heart is broken and it seems all hope is lost. All I know is that Your grace is sufficient for me. Lord, you are the only one I choose to lean on, For when I am at my weakest, Your strength is strongest.
33. Lord Jesus, I pour out my grief to you because you are the only one that can help me. Please give ears to my cry and take away this pain.
34. Please give me strength amid grief for you are my comforter and strength. In your power please grant me the strength to stay strong during this difficult period of my life.
35. Lord, help me to heal in all the ways that I need. I receive divine strength from you and let me appreciate each day that I witness.
36. Lord, help me to find peace of mind and strength to deal with all the emotions rolling over me right now.
37. Lord, I pray for comfort and strength amid my grief and pains. Please Lord, let me smile again.
38. Lord, I don’t know what I can do without you right now, I need your strength in my life because the burden is more than I can bear.
39. Lord, please help me through the hard times of pain. My eyes are swollen and full of tears, my heart is broken and you are the only one who can mend my broken heart.
40. Lord, I need your guidance and comfort throughout this difficult period of my life. Do not let my calling upon you day and night be in vain. Also, Lord, take away my shame and pains. Amen
Related topic: prophetic prayer point
Prayer of Comfort And Strength for a Friend
41. My dear friend I pray for you that the Lord will turn your weeping into dancing. He will give you reasons to smile and laugh again. In this difficult time, the Lord will see you through and comfort you at all times.
42. I pray for you my dear friend, that you will walk on the highway of greatness. The Lord will turn your curses into blessings. Your efforts will yield great results and your mouth shall always be filled with songs of victory.
43. My dear friend, I pray the Lord sees you through this difficult situation and comfort you on all sides. Lord, I pray that you bless her beyond measure. Fill her with your goodness, and pour out your hope into her heart.
44. Heavenly Father of mercies and God of all comfort, Thank you for comforting my friend in all her affliction, so that she may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which she is comforted
45. Lord, I pray that your steadfast love would comfort my friend according to your promises. Though her weeping may endure for a night but let your joy comes in the morning in her life.
46. Everlasting God, Please give my friend the strength she needs to grow her faith in you… “Almighty God, source of all mercy and giver of comfort; deal graciously with my grieving friend, that, casting all her sorrow on you, she may know the consolation of your love. Amen.
47. Father, please watch over my friend, keep her safe, and comfort her through this hard time. May your love settle upon her, and may she dwell in your acceptance and truth. Might she rest in your peace and find restoration in your care? Holy Father, strengthen my friend’s faith so that he may walk humbly, love mercy, and do what is right. Give my friend the faith that he needs to stand tall, not in his strengths and abilities, but because of you.
48. Heavenly Father, please give my friend the strength to see beyond her pains and sorrow so she can focus on what is important now — honoring the memory of her husband by living a life of purpose and joy. Amen
49. Father, I pray that my friend’s heart finds comfort and strength in You after her great loss. I pray that her hope is renewed after she grieves. Amen.”
50. Heavenly Father, please let my friend be reminded of Your unfailing love and comfort during this difficult time. I believe your grace is more than sufficient to carry her through this period. Amen.
Strength and Comfort Prayer
51. Lord, please at this junction of my life, I need your strength and comfort because I am feeling hurt. Please replace my pains with peace and give me joy on every side.
52. Dear God, Your support and love are all I’m asking for right now. Heal my broken heart and give me the strength to push through.
53. Dear Lord, there are some burdens in my heart that no one else but you alone can lift for me. Please come to my rescue and help me to hold on to your promises and plans for my life.
54. Heavenly Father, I need Your strength and your comfort. Help me trust in your promise. Give me grace and the peace I need to get through this difficult time. Amen
55. Lord, I acknowledge that I’m weak. Please carry me through this journey as I struggle to think clearly. I depend solely on your word to lift my spirit.
56. Lord, let your light shine over every darkness of my life. Comfort me on every side and help me to lift my burden. Amen.
57. Dear God, please give me the strength to get through this difficult time.
58. Lord, I am feeling weak and overwhelmed. Please grant me the strength to face my challenges with courage.
59. Heavenly Father, please grant me the physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to persevere through this trial.
60. God, I trust in Your power and Your love. Please give me the strength I need to overcome this obstacle