Sickness, most times is inevitable in the lives of employees, it might be fever, headache, injury, stress, and many more, An employee might be affected by one of these while working in an organization, company, or school. When one is affected by any of these illnesses, it’s necessary to take a sick leave. In this case, you should send simple sick leave messages to the boss.
Every company has different policies and principles when it comes to sick leave, Some company permits their workers to take some amount of days or month in a year for sick leave while some don’t, they only permit their workers sick leave when there are emergencies. When taking sick leave your boss, manager, or employer must be notified either by SMS, text, letters, and also email.
We have listed the best ways to inform your boss about your sick leave via text, emails, and letters which could be due to emergencies or the company’s policy.
Sick Leave Messages
1. I’m sorry, I won’t be able to make it to the office. I have been exhibiting symptoms of the new viral disease, and I want to avoid it from transmitting to other co-workers. I will visit the doctor and be properly diagnosed and treated.
2. I will be undergoing major surgery in a few days and due to this surgery I will be unavailable on the school premises for some time. My unavailability might affect the student. I’ll advise a substitute teacher to be employed to fill my space pending the time of my recovery.
3. I will be unavailable in the office for some time. I have been waking up feeling uneasy and extremely feverish. This has been happening for the past few days and I have been ignoring it. The situation has worsened and I’m afraid it might be more than a mere fever. I’ll have to visit the hospital.
4. I went for my monthly health check-up over the weekend and the doctor diagnosed that one of my kidneys isn’t functioning properly and I have to do a transplant immediately, due to this I won’t be available to cater for the children at the daycare.
5. I have been experiencing sharp pain in my abdomen and I have used all sorts of self-medication, instead of relieving me, It has worsened and the pain is becoming unbearable. I will be at the hospital receiving proper treatment so I will be unavailable at the office premises from Monday.
6. Due to the extreme workload we had to carry out these past few months, my body has weakened and it’s affecting my work performance. I’ll be taking a week off from work, to rest properly and get professional help.
7. I’m down with a highly contagious illness, it would be unethical to allow such illness to spread to other co-workers, That’s why I will be unavailable on the work premises till I have fully recovered.
8. I was involved in an accident on my way to work and it affected my head badly. I’m sorry for the inconvenience my absence will cause, but as soon as I am discharged from the hospital, I will be at work to perform my duties.
9. I have been exhibiting symptoms of the covid 19 disease and the disease control center advises that I isolate myself for a week or two, I will be absent from the office to undergo this process.
10. I will be taking unpaid sick leave to take care of my son who was rushed to the hospital due to a serious leg injury. I will be available to respond to calls and emails during my absence.
Sick Leave Whatsapp Messages
11. I went to the doctor yesterday and I was diagnosed with (doctor’s diagnosis), and I have to receive treatment immediately. I won’t be able to report to work because of this illness. If there are urgent matters that need my attention don’t hesitate to reach out.
12. After work hours I went to the hospital because I was feeling uneasy throughout the day. I was given medication, but these medications made me feel drowsy and tired so the doctor advised that I stay at home to relax to let the drug work effectively.
13. I will be unable to report to the office on Monday because I have critical health issues to attend to. You can communicate with me if the issue is extremely urgent, otherwise, I will attend to it on my return.
14. I will be taking my usual sick leave starting next week because of my ailment. I appreciate you for being an understanding boss. Immediately after the procedures are over, I will resume work.
15. I will be taking a paid sick leave due to my health crisis and pending the time of my unavailability, my assistant will handle all businesses and attend to my emails, in case of emergencies you can reach out to me.
16. I have been experiencing serious body aches, I have taken medications but it will take some days for me to fully recover. I’ll be staying at home to properly recover.
17. I won’t be able to report to work today, I sustained an injury on my hand, and it will affect my efficiency while working. I will have to stay at home to ensure that the injury fully heals, I will resume my work duties as soon as I am healed.
18. I had a severe seizure this morning and it affected me, I am going to take the day off to regain my strength, and I will be available to attend to urgent emails and messages.
19. It saddens me to inform you that I will be unavailable for the rest of the week, I have been admitted to the hospital and I will be unable to perform my duties, so I should take a sick leave, I have assigned one of my team to efficiently carry out my duties but I will respond if my attention is urgently needed
20. Boss, I want to inform you that I am going to take sick leave. My daughter has been critically ill and she needs my attention, I’m sorry for the inconvenience my absence might cause.
Related topic: Unfortunately, I won’t make it to the meeting
I Am On Sick Leave Today Messages
21. I will be unable to attend to any work duties today. I developed a severe headache while coming to work this morning which requires immediate attention. I have assigned a colleague to help out with today’s work duties.
22. Sir, I went to the hospital yesterday and my blood pressure has increased. I am not in a good condition to attend to work duties and I would like to take a day’s leave to get back in shape.
23. Sir, I am experiencing a severe stomach ache. I ate a roadside meal yesterday and got food poisoning. I have taken the needed medications to treat it, and the stomach pain has ceased but the diarrhea is yet to stop so I won’t be able to come to the office today.
24. After that serious accident that affected my leg, I have been going for physiotherapy, I’ll be going for the session today and for this reason, I won’t be available at work.
25. On my way to the office this morning, I received a call that my wife developed a sudden heart attack. I had to rush down to the hospital, so I won’t be able to come to the office today.
26. Ma, I am an asthmatic patient and this dry season is a terrible time for me. Grant me a day’s leave so I can get the required medication at the hospital to avoid further complications.
27. I started feeling nauseous and dizzy this morning and it has led to a series of vomiting and stooling, I won’t be able to come to the work premises today, but I’ll make sure I make it to the office unfailingly tomorrow morning.
28. I won’t be able to report to work because of my arm injury, the doctor stated that I rest very well, so I will be taking the day off, and I’ll resume tomorrow to continue with my work duties.
29. I unknowingly ate a food I am allergic to at the canteen today, and its effect is quite serious, I’ll have to take a leave for the rest of the day to get better.
30. This dry season has affected me, I am presently experiencing a severe throat infection and I will be taking a day off to get treated.
Sick Leave Message To Boss
31. I want to inform you that I broke my leg and the pain has been excruciating. It has rendered me immobile, I won’t be able to come to work till I get completely better. I have told my assistant teacher to take over the class.
32. I have been having issues with my eyesight and I have booked an appointment with the optician. I will have to take a week’s leave to visit the hospital to receive the necessary treatment.
33. Due to the change in the weather, I have been affected by the flu and it’s affecting my work performance. I’ll have to take a week’s unpaid leave to receive proper treatment and get better.
34. I have fibroid surgery scheduled for next week so I won’t be available in the office. My unavailability might cause inconvenience in the organization. I’m sorry sir.
35. I want to notify you that I have been diagnosed with pneumonia and it’s at a critical level that requires immediate medical attention. Due to this reason, I will be taking a week-long sick leave.
36. I have been affected by the common contagious eye infection and coming to the office, will affect other co-workers, to avoid that I’ll be taking some time off work to recover fully.
37. I want to inform you that I have been experiencing difficulty in breathing and it’s worsening daily. I will be taking some time off to visit the hospital to get diagnosed and treated.
38. I am sorry I won’t be able to come to the office for two days, I have been experiencing different symptoms and I have visited the hospital, but they are yet to administer drugs to me, I was only told to carry out a series of tests.
39. I forgot to inform you about my impromptu surgery, I had to undergo major surgery and according to the doctor, I have to rest at the hospital for a few days to recover fully.
40. Boss, I am aged and the workload has been a lot over the week, I would like to take two days’ leave to rest properly and regain my strength for better efficiency at work.
Related topic: how to apologize for the incoveniencies
Sick Leave Message Examples
41. I want to notify you of my appointment with the Doctor, I have been suffering from excruciating pain in my leg and I am unable to walk with it properly, so I will be taking a few days off from work to tend to my health issues.
42. I want to bring you to a notice concerning my health, I have a fever and a runny stomach. I won’t be able to attend work today due to this sickness. I will resume work immediately if my health condition is stable.
43. I am sorry for informing you late about my health crisis, I was rushed down to the hospital due to a medical emergency and I will be admitted to the hospital for a few more days till I fully recover.
44. I won’t be able to make it to work today, I woke up feeling under the weather and the doctor prescribed that I have enough bed rest to get better.
45. I was told I was rushed down to the hospital because I slumped, the fall affected me and caused internal bleeding, The doctor said it would take a minimum of 2 weeks for me to be on my feet again, I am sorry about the delay of the project my health has caused
46. I understand my role in this organization is very crucial but my health is my priority, I will be taking some days off for my medical checkup.
47. My wife just gave birth and she needs all the care, I will be taking a month of sick leave to look after her, and I will be available to tend to urgent matters remotely.
48. Good day sir, I want to state that I have been feeling sick and it has gotten worse overnight. I will be taking two days off to look after my health.
49. Sir, I have been stooling continuously and uncontrollably I had to visit the doctor today and I was diagnosed with acute diarrhea, the doctor prescribed that I get admitted and stay off work for 3 weeks
50. I am down with a fever and I can barely stand up or do anything on my own. I can’t come to the office today and I’d like to take a few days off work to visit the hospital.
Fever Leave Message To Boss
51. I have been down with a fever for the past few days and my health is gradually deteriorating. I will be going to the hospital to consult the doctor, and I’ll get back to work as soon as I fully recover.
52. Since last night, I have been running a high temperature and I won’t be able to come to work today but hopefully, I’ll get better before tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!
53. I would like to take some time off work, I have been feeling uneasy due to a fever, I consulted the doctor and I was told to rest very well before going back to work.
54. I have been suffering from a fever and headache the whole day, I won’t be able to come to work tomorrow if the fever persists, but I will be at work as soon as I get better.
55. I want to notify you that I have been feeling feverish for quite some time and it hasn’t subsided at all, I will be going to the hospital to consult the doctor, I will be pleased if I am granted a leave of two days.
56. I understand how paramount it is for me to be at the office but I have been feeling sick and my body temperature has been measured to 60 degrees, I’ll have to take a little time off to get better, and I’ll try to make up for the time I was unavailable.
57. , I have been diagnosed with chronic fever and I will have to spend some time at the hospital to receive treatment. I don’t know for how long I will be at the hospital but I’ll resume when I get better.
58. Boss, I have been feeling feverish for the past few hours and it hasn’t reduced one bit, I would like to take the rest of the day and tomorrow off to visit the doctor and also get medications.
59. I haven’t been working efficiently and productively these past few days, I want to notify you of my current health challenge and also request a week’s sick leave to get well.
60. I know My absence will cause a lot of chaos at the office, but my doctor has advised that I stay home for a week to rest due to the fever.
I Am Not Feeling Well Due To Fever I Will Not Be Coming To Office
61. I am sorry boss, I won’t be able to make it to the office today. The fever has worsened overnight so I will have to go to the hospital to do a check-up.
62. I’m sorry I won’t be able to attend the meeting today, I am down with a fever which needs urgent medical attention.
63. I have been down with a fever all week but I still manage to come to work. Today I am unable to stand and do other things, so I will not be able to make it to the office today.
64. I apologize but my coming to the office today is not feasible, I have a cold and fever and it has taken a really bad shape.
65. I will not be coming to the office today, I am seriously ill, I was diagnosed with a fever and my body temperature is way beyond normal.
66. Boss, the meeting should be postponed to tomorrow because I won’t be coming to work, I am feeling feverish and I’m unable to get out of my bed.
67. Boss, I will be absent from work today. My son is down with a fever and he needs to be taken care of. My assistant will handle all the necessary documents.
68. Unfortunately, I started running a high temperature this morning and before I could understand what was going on I was already feeling dizzy. I apologize, I won’t be coming to work today.
69. Boss, I am unwell and down with a serious fever, I doubt if I will be able to make it to the office today. I apologize for the negative impact this might have.
70. It all started at midnight as mere dizziness and now it has escalated to a high fever and I can’t work in this type of condition. I apologize to my boss but I won’t be available today.