101 Encouraging Words For Offering And Tithes for All Believers
The church, just like every other organization needs finances to keep it running. One of the ways the congregation can support the church, and encourage its smooth running is by paying their tithes and offerings. Malachi 3:10a; “Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house”.
Apart from the tithes and offerings being a major source of financial support for the church, it is also a great way for the congregation to access the deep spiritual blessings of God. (“Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need” Malachi 3:10).
Hence, the church congregation must be encouraged to pay their tithes and offering. This is very important because if the church congregation fails on this assignment, apart from the church physically experiencing stagnation, the congregation, by the virtue of failure to connect with this spiritual principle, will also get themselves entangled in spiritual poverty, which in either case, will not bring glory to God. Are you looking for the perfect encouraging words for offerings and tithes to share with your congregations? Then you are in the right place!
This article provides you with the best list of encouraging words for offering and tithes with the right biblical basis. Feel free to select from any of the lists to enlighten and encourage your congregation and stir them to participate in the noblest course of giving to the Lord.
Read on to explore!
- Encouraging Words For Offering And Tithes
- Words To Say Before Offering
- Short Exhortation on Giving
- Short Offering Message
- Message About Giving In The Bible
- What To Say For Offering At Church
- Short Tithes And Offering Messages
- Exhortation About Tithes And Offering Verses
- Tithes And Offering Scriptures In The New Testament
- Scriptures On Giving Offering
- Offering Prayer Scriptures
Encouraging Words For Offering And Tithes
1. Beyond mere obligations, tithing is one of the ways to thank God for His blessings over your life, and also unlock the doors to more blessings.
2. Your tithes and offering is your means of supporting the church, and investing in your immediate community. It is your way of sowing, in order to reap greater benefits.
3. Your tithes and offering is a way of acknowledging God as your source and the owner of all. Giving tithes and offerings is an honor to God.
4. Our tithes and offerings is our way of offering back to God the blessings He has bestowed upon us. Tithing is your language of surrenderedness.
5. The ultimate way to expose yourself to Kingdom riches is by giving. When you give, you set yourself up to receive more blessings.
6. Your attitude to giving determines how rich you are in the spirit. The more you give, the more enriched your life becomes.
7. Your gifts make way for you and hold you through the stormy moments. Giving your tithes and offering is the preservation of your wealth.
8. When you give your tithes and offering you store up your treasures in heaven, and where you store your treasures shows where your heart is.
9. Nothing we have here on earth is as valuable as what lies in wait for us in heaven. When we give our tithes and offering, we acknowledge that our hope and confidence is not in our earthly wealth, but in our eternal riches.
10. Tithing is a way of forming a connection with God. When you give your tithes and offerings, you present yourself as obedient and open to connecting with God.
Related topic: how to lead prayer in church
Words To Say Before Offering
There are certain words to say before offering to enlighten the congregation on the topic of giving and encourage them to give graciously. Speaking encouraging words for offerings and tithes is mainly to stir up the congregation and make them see the real essence and implication of giving their resources to the Lord.
The next few lines give you a series of examples of words to say before offering to prepare the heart of the congregation as a living sacrifice, ready to yield themselves holy and acceptable unto the Lord.
Let’s check them out;
11. Your giving helps you draw closer to God with an open mind. When you give to Kingdom course, you depend more on God as your source and depend less on your wisdom or power.
12. We must honor God with our resources, for It is God who has given us the power to make wealth. We own nothing of our own by our strength, but by His enablement.
13. Nothing have we been given that we have not received from the Lord. It is an honor to give back unto the Lord in total submission and obedience.
14. Your tithes and offering open up the window of the heavens and shuts the door against the destroyers.
15. You release yourself from the bondage of greed and selfishness by giving your tithes and offering.
16. Your offering is a way of appreciating the church for blessing your life, and giving back to encourage the church’s mission of spreading the gospel.
17. Church offerings are used by the church in reaching out to the needing and propagating the gospel. When you give offerings, you become a part of this course and a partaker of the blessing.
18. Giving an offering is an act of worship to God. It is a means of appreciating God for all He has given us and obeying his commandment to love our neighbors by sharing what we have with our community and those who labor over us in the word of God.
19. The least we can do to appreciate God for what He has given us is to give it back in service to Him by sharing with our neighbors and giving to His work.
20. Giving generously is a way of modeling the life of Jesus and his teachings. As Jesus never held back from blessing others and He has commanded us to do so.
Related topic: praying for the world
Short Exhortation on Giving
21. Those who sow bountifully shall reap bountifully, and those who sow sparingly shall reap sparingly. Hence, try your best to give as generously as you can.
22. Give, and it shall be given unto you. Pressed down, shaken together, and running over shall men give unto your bosom.
23. No matter how small, setting aside an offering from your earnings helps you to remember God in your daily activities. And makes you become more conscious of Him and feel his love more.
25. Your offering, no matter how little is a way to honor God, and appreciate His guidance and wisdom in your day-to-day life.
26. Sometimes, one of the reasons we feel reluctant to give is because we feel we do not have enough, or the fear of not having anything again. But if we pay attention to the teaching of Jesus Christ about not taking thoughts of tomorrow, we’ll realize that God will always be there to provide for us.
27. Giving is not just an act, it is work, hard work for that matter. It is not easy for a natural to give. But if we obey the instruction, and do the “work” of giving, there will definitely be a reward for it, as there is a reward for every work.
28. When you give, stay expectant. Be prepared for your good to also come back to you, in hundred folds.
29. It is more honorable to give than to receive. If you are a consistent giver, you will always have something to give.
30. One thing we are yet to come to terms with is that God is never a debtor. Whatever you give to God, he will reward you in many folds.
Short Offering Message
31. Sacrificial giving is your way of connecting to the covenant of sowing and abundant reaping. When you participate in this process, you are open to the flow of massive harvest.
32. Whatever you give unto God, give from a sincere and cheerful heart. For God loves a cheerful giver.
33. I invite you today to partake in this project of storing up your treasures in heaven where they cannot be destroyed or stolen.
34. God has created you and given you good things so that they can be replicated in other people. God wants you to have joy, and share the joy with people through your giving.
35. Whatever you give shall be given back to you. Whatever you invest in nature you shall surely reap. Give good seeds today, so that you may enjoy a bountiful harvest.
36. Your gift opens doors for you and ushers you into the presence of kings. Can you join me today and worship God with your offerings to be ushered into his presence?
37. As the church uses the offering to advance the gospel and fulfill its mission. Your Offering is a great way to connect to divine blessing and influence men to experience and praise God.
38. Your offering is your way of partnering with God on earth to minister to thousands of souls and heal the brokenhearted, I implore you today not to ignore this commission.
39. Your offering is your way of proving to God that you are a faithful steward. God has put that wealth into your hands so that you will channel it effectively to help yourself and the lives around you.
40. Join me today to give your offering unto the Lord, So that the church can have enough resources to do meaningful works and make an impact in the world.
Related topic: quotes on the power of prayers
Message About Giving In The Bible
41. When you give, it is a sign that you understand the nature of God and your assignment as his child. As he is the owner of all from whom all good and perfect gifts come.
42. Giving is a sign of obedience to God’s instructions. We have been commanded to give and sow into the lives of others.
43. God’s commandment for you to give is to bring healing to your soul. He knows humans are naturally selfish and can greedily hold on to everything they have. When we give, there is corrective work being done in our hearts, and we get ourselves conformed more to the nature of God.
44. Giving a portion of your earnings shifts your focus on God and brings blessings your way in return.
45. The danger of not giving is that we still can’t have enough. The heart keeps craving for more, and longs for desires that cannot be satisfied.
46. When you give to the work of the kingdom without sparing, it’s evidence that you have faith in God to always come through for you, and supply all your needs.
47. We have all been called to give, either more or less. We must start seeing giving as a common ministry for all believers in the body of Christ.
48. As we give, and get blessed in return, we have access to more resources in the kingdom, and our capacity to produce a greater effect is increased. Hence, expanding and reaching more body of Christ and doing more righteous works.
49. Sometimes, when we give, we might not see an immediate return on investment. But we can be sure that God is working out something for us. Can we walk in faith today, as we give our resources to the Lord, believing that he has a good plan for us?
50. God is not interested in how much you give, but in the state of your heart while offering the gift. And He expects you to give according to your ability. To whom much is given much is expected.
What To Say For Offering At Church
51. Giving might not feel comfortable for some of us, but if it is for the Kingdom, it is worth it. It is an expression of sacrificial living that we must embrace, as Kingdom partners.
52. A sign of your love for God is when nothing feels too expensive or big for you to give for Kingdom-related projects. I admonish you to pour out your love to him today by giving willingly your resources to this noble course.
53. One of the ways God receives thanksgivings from men is by meeting their needs. God blesses you so that you will reach out to other people and bless them too, resulting in tremendous thanksgiving unto God. Join me today to cause people to give praise to God by giving your offering.
54. The moment of giving offering is a moment of total surrender to the Lord, the moment to release that precious thing that we might be clinching tightly to.
Related topic: faith in God in difficult times
Short Tithes And Offering Messages
55. Give thanks unto the Lord. Appreciate him with your resources by giving your offerings and thither.
56. Giving is one of the ways to make ourselves God’s channel to help and bless another person. When you give, you align yourself with the natural law of “give and take”. So as you water men with your resources, you will also be watered by men.
57. What matters is that we give generously from a cheerful heart. For the Lord loves a cheerful giver.
58. When we are asked to give it to God, it doesn’t help God’s financial situation, as God is the owner of all wealth and riches. He is a great God, as we stretch out our hands to give to him, he fills it back according to his riches in return.
59. Giving to God is a secret to accessing the realm of the Kingdom’s wealth. As we share it effectively, more comes to us.
60. One of the ways to encourage those who labor over us in words and prayer is by giving our offerings. They are faithful laborers and they deserve to eat from where they are serving.
Exhortation About Tithes And Offering Verses
61. “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” (Malachi 3:10)
62. “You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the power to get wealth.” (Deuteronomy 8:18)
63. “A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.” (Proverbs 18:16)
64. “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.” (Proverbs 19:17)
65. “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord.” (Leviticus 27:30)
66. “In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work, we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” (Acts 20:35)
67. “For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have. Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. (2 Corinthians 8:12-13).
68. “All who were willing, men and women alike, came and brought gold jewelry of all kinds: brooches, earrings, rings, and ornaments. They all presented their gold as a wave offering to the Lord.” (Exodus 35:22)
69. “You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us, your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” (2 Corinthians 9:11).
70. “One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want. Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.” (Proverbs 11:24-25).
Related topic: seeking God passionately
Tithes And Offering Scriptures In The New Testament
71. “Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.” (Hebrews 13:16)
72. “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
73. “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:7).
74.“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:38)
75. “Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.” (2 Corinthians 9:10).
76. “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy by your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then encourage; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.” (Romans 12:6-8).
77. “As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.” (1 Timothy 6:17-19).
78. “Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart will be also.” (Luke 12:3).
79. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (Matt.5:42 )
80. But give what is inside the dish to the poor, and everything will be clean for you. (Luke.11:41).
Related topic: prophetic prayer points
Scriptures On Giving Offering
81. But just as you excel in everything–in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness, and your love for us–see that you also excel in this grace of giving. (2Cor.8:7 ).
82. “But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. (1 Chr.29:14).
83. Every Sunday each of you makes an offering and put it in safekeeping. Be as generous as you can. When I get there you’ll have it ready, and I won’t have to make a special appeal. ( 1Cor.16:2).
84. Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. (2Cor.9:6 ).
85. Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this, the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. (Deut.15:10 ).
86. Each of you must bring a gift in proportion to the way the LORD your God has blessed you. (Deut.16:17 ).
87. Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. (Eccl.11.1).
88. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (James.1:27).
89. “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. (Lev.27:30).
90. A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor. (Prov.22:9).
Relevant topic: appreciation message to church members
Offering Prayer Scriptures
91. Gracious God, we thank you for the opportunity to appear before you and bring our offerings today. We pray that you bless us abundantly as we give our offerings. Just as you have promised in Philippians 4:19, please supply all our needs according to your riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Amen
92. Dear Lord, we come before your tabernacle today as we give our offering. Please be merciful to us and accept our offering. Please bless us in abundance as you have promised in Luke 6:38.
93. For you have instructed us to give cheerfully. You are God who knows the heart of man, please make our hearts right with you to give cheerfully and make us experience your love. For it is written in 2 Corinthians 9:7 that God loves a cheerful giver. Amen.
94. Father as we bring our tithes and offerings into your house, we pray that you open the windows of heaven for us and pour down for us a blessing until there is no more need. As you have promised in Malachi 3:10. Amen.
95. Dear Lord, we recognize that every good and perfect gift comes from you according to James 1:17. We have come to give unto you our offerings today, acknowledging that it is you who has given us the power to make wealth. Amen.
96. Dear Lord, according to Haggai 2:8, it is written; The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, declares the Lord of hosts. We thank you for blessing us with your gold and silver. Out of the massive blessings we have enjoyed from you, we, therefore, bring our offering of praise unto you. Please let it be acceptable unto you. Amen.
97. There is a story of a pastor and his congregation, the pastor stood before the congregation and announces “I’ve got bad news, I’ve got good news, also. And I’ve got more bad news.”
The congregation was a bit confused and got quiet.
The pastor continued; “The bad news is: the church needs a new roof!” the pastor said. The congregation groaned. “The good news is: we have enough money for the new roof.” A sigh of relief was heard vibrating through the gathered group. The pastor continued, ” and the bad news is: the money is still in your pockets”.
98. There is a story of a little boy whose father bought some snacks. While sitting to enjoy the gift, the father reached for the snacks and took some. The little boy slaps his father’s hand and yelled, ‘do not touch my snacks again’. This is how some of us are, when God blesses us and asks for just a little portion of it back as tithes and offerings, we have been figurately slapping God on the hand. And saying; ‘do not touch my money!’
99. There is this figurative description of three different types of givers; the flint, the sponge, and the honeycomb. The flint must be hammered if you will get anything out of it. And then you get only chips and sparks. To get water out of a sponge it must be squeezed, and the more you use pressure, the more you will get. And then the honeycomb which just overflows with its own sweetness, with no pressure needed.
100. Two men got stranded on an Island. One man was restless, worried, and scared while the other man sat back and relaxed. The first man, confused, said to the second man, “aren’t you afraid we are about to die.” “No,” replied the second man, “I make $100,000 a week and pay my tithe faithfully to my church every week. My Pastor will find me.”
101. Blessed are those who give because with such, God will pour more blessings. As you continue to give to God, He will daily load you with great benefits.
As stated earlier, giving tithes and offerings is not to assist God, but for our good. I hope you found this article on encouraging words for offerings and tithes helpful. Don’t forget to share this wonderful piece with your loved ones.
Have you got any comments? I will be waiting to receive them in the comment section below.