Everyone born of God has been given a boundless inheritance to obtain right from his birth into Christ. The scripture affirms that we are born into an inheritance incorruptible, which doesn’t fade away. The whole essence of the death of Christ is to save us and give us an inheritance. Healing is our inheritance in Christ.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” ( 1 Peter 1:1-5).
Believers and God inherit each other. We’re God’s heritage and He is our heritage likewise. When we got born again, what we inherited was not things but God Himself. This gives us access to limitless and boundless resources because God owes everything.
Christ died to leave an inheritance for us. This inheritance is in its spiritual forms but covers all areas of our lives. In this heritage, are healing, prosperity, and protection. Healing is our Inheritance just as prosperity and protections are. If it is our heritage, then we have it at our disposal always.
Related: healing prayers for your wellness
Healing is the Children’s Bread Scripture
“And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Mathew 15:22-24).
This was the case of a woman who came to Jesus to ask for the healing of her son who was possessed with devils. Jesus turned her down because she was a gentile who was not worthy to partake of the heritage of the people of God.
But you see, when faith is in place, boundaries do not exist. The disciple frustrated this woman and demanded she was sent away. Her faith and the urgency of her needs didn’t make her give up. She kept pressing into Jesus until Jesus gave her audience.
“Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children’s bread and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour” (Mathew 15:25-28).
Jesus said to her, Healing is children’s bread which is unfit for the dogs. The woman insisted that even the dogs eat of the fallen crumbs from the table. This utterance provoked Jesus to say, “Oh woman, Great is thy faith”.
The woman’s child eventually got healed by her faith. When faith is shown towards God, every task becomes possible. No man is fit to receive anything from God except by faith in Him. If you insist on your faith, God will never deny you.
You can get God to do anything for you if only you will insist on your faith. Sometimes, the manifestation of His promises might be delayed but on no account should you quit having faith in God if you truly believe. There is never a problem with God but men’s faith. When a man’s faith is in place, the activities of God remain in operation in His life.
God can be held by His words and you can believe just that. The question is not about if God will do it or not, the question is that, will you keep believing if He delays? Lack of continuity in faith is what reaps men of their expectations in God, not God’s inability to do it.
Every issue of concern that has been sent to the heavens as prayers shall undoubtedly return with answers if you don’t give up on your faith in God. Things may be getting worse but keep believing. Things may be falling apart but keep believing. The persisting faith will weary every situation out and the name of the Lord will be glorified at the end of the tunnel.
If you can patiently wait on the Lord and endure, you’ll obtain the promise just as Abraham, the father of faith did. “For when God made a promise to Abraham because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise” (Hebrews 6:13-15).
If there is a man to believe, there’s always a God to perform what is believed for. No matter the hard times you are faced with, keep believing, things will fall in pleasant places for you. God does not just want to get your problems solved, He also wants you to know Him intimately
The more you know that healing is our Inheritance, the more you walk in sound health. The scriptures say, “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes, we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5).
The stripes that Jesus received on His own body on the cross were not for fun but rather intended for our healing. Every sickness both the known ones and the unknown ones are all taken care of. What a powerful healing medicine we have in Jesus! The suffering of Jesus was not accidental, it was intended for the total salvation of man both in the spirit, soul, and body.
Related: effective prayer points
Worship and Healing Scriptures
Every blessing in the kingdom of God is related to our worship of God. When you seek God desperately with all your heart, His blessings flow down naturally to you. God is a worship-loving being. “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24).
When worship ceases, the flow of blessings is hindered. “So you shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you” (Exodus 23:25). Serving the Lord culminates in the eviction of diseases and sicknesses from among us.
“And so it was, whenever the spirit from God was upon Saul, that David would take a harp and play it with his hand. Then Saul would become refreshed and well, and the distressing spirit would depart from him” (1 Samuel 16:23). This was the case when the evil spirits came to torment Saul, David would take a harp and worship the Lord, and the evil spirit will depart from him.
Worship brings healing to the bones, deliverance, breakthrough, and unthinkable wonders. Worship atmosphere is the atmosphere that hosts the tangible presence of God. When you maintain a worship-filled life, your life will be filled with God’s presence which evil spirits cannot coexist.
Very helpful: effective keys to knowing the Lord intimately
Healing Scriptures for the Sick
It’s not a fairy tale that the word of God hosts so much power. Not only that the word of God has power, but that the word is the power itself. There is no force under the sun that can compete with the power of the word engaged by faith. The word is medicine and it can be depended upon to heal our body any day.
Do not be found to have more faith in the tablets, capsules, and syrups than you do in the living and active word of God. If somebody somewhere could put some chemicals together, call it capsules or syrups and convince you that it will heal your body and you believe it. Why can’t you also take God at His word and believe in the same manner? It’s ‘unchristian’ to have more faith in drugs than the blood of Jesus which has power over all diseases
Everything we can see came from the word of God’s mouth. Without the word, there was not anything made that was made. The word of God made your body, the same word can bring correction to a defect in the function of your body in the case of diseases. Healing scriptures for the sick will be very efficient to bring soundness to your body in case you’re sick.
When we know that healing is our inheritance and we believe it as the scriptures have said, we stand to correct every malfunctioning or defect in our body as the need may arise. I will show you some powerful healing scriptures for the sick to heal anyone of their ailments. The healing word of God conveys power if you can just believe.
Related: praying with scriptures
40 Healing Scriptures
1. “And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt gives ear to his commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee” (Exodus 15:26).
2. “Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases” (Psalms 103:2-3).
3. “The LORD builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds” (Psalms 147:2-3).
4. “Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound” (Isaiah 30:26).
5. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
6. “LORD my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” — (Psalm 30:2)
7. “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.”(James 5:14-15).
8. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28).
9. “‘But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the LORD…” Jeremiah 30:17
10. “My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them amid your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh.” (Proverbs 4:20-22)
11. “A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22).
Related: prophetic ways of praying
12. “O Lord, by these things men live; And in all these things is the life of my spirit; So You will restore me and make me live. Indeed it was for my peace That I had great bitterness; But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back” (Isaiah 38:16-17).
13. “He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength…Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:29,31).
14. “He bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.” (1 Peter 2:24).
15. “Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.” (3 John 1:2).
16. “This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.” (Psalm 119:50).
17. “And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” — (Revelation 21:4)
18. “LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” (Isaiah 33:2)
19. “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” (James 5:16)
20. “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” (Psalms 73:26).
21. “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.” (Malachi 4:2)
22. “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.” (Matthew 9:35)
23. “And the people all tried to touch him because power was coming from him and healing them all.” (Luke 6:19).
24. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your understanding your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.” (Proverbs 3:5-8).
25. “Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.” (Jeremiah 17:14).
26. “Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.” (Psalms 6:2).
27. “The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:17-18).
28. “Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits —who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.” (Psalm 103:2-4).
29. “Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.” — Psalm 6:2
30. “So you shall serve the LORD your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you” (Exodus 23:25).
31. “No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days” (Exodus 23:26).
32. “Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” (Proverbs 16:24).
33. “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes, we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5).
34. “That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: “He took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.” (Mathew 8:17).
35. “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
36. “And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity” (Isaiah 33:24).
37. “Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees” (Job 4:4).
38. “Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong” (Joel 3:10).
39. “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).
40. “Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving-kindness and tender mercies” (Psalms 103:1,4).
Related: seek the Lord desperately
How do these scriptures work?
Knowing that healing is our inheritance is good but understanding how it works is much better. God has already promised, ‘I will heal your diseases’. That’s God’s commitment to you which you must appropriate by faith. I will briefly show you how can apply the scriptures above to your life.
1. Make visual contact with these scriptures : Do this as often as possible until a mental image that you are healed is formed on your mind. This is possible through the act of confession and meditation. If you can see yourself healed in your mind, nothing will deny you the experience of it in your body.
2. Command the Sickness to Leave your Body: When you have ingested the word into your system through confession and meditation, then command the sickness to leave your body in the name of Jesus Christ. The healing power of God is voice-activated. Until speaking begins, the power of God will not be active in your body.
3. Speak in Tongues: You need to take time out to activate the healing power of God through incessant speaking in tongues and channel its energy to your body through declarations. So many possibilities are activated when you pray in the spirit.
4. Worship the Lord : Worship is an expression of faith. Worship is the backbone of the confession of faith. Giving thanks to God with faith believing that God has done it will quicken the healing process.
5. Act healed: If you believe you have been healed by the power of God and you have worshipped the Lord for it, then you need to stop acting sick. Act out your healing. Begin to do what you were unable to do before. If you have been lying down, stand up and walk around. As you do this, the power of God will take over your body and make your evident.
6. Stay on the Word Consistently: If you have taken the word as your healing capsule, you have to dwell on it until your healing is made manifest. You ought to feast on the word until you have a full assurance of faith that you are perfectly made whole. Faith is needed to deliver the results you desire which can only be generated in the word of God.
If you are fully persuaded in administering this prescription I have just given, your healing can be very instant than you expected. There is enough power in the word to get you healed, dare to believe in it as your only source, and you will be surprised.
Our healing was made available before ever we were sick. God has made a prior preparation for us before our arrival into this world. We have to find out what is ours in Him and appropriate them as prescribed above. If you do this in faith, your healing will spring forth like noonday and there will be soundness in your bones.
I’m persuaded that this has blessed and will surely deliver your healing any day. You will do a family member, friends, and loved ones a favor if you share these insights with them. Engage your social media handles with this content and it will bless somebody. Don’t forget to leave a comment. Stay healed in the name of Jesus.