Does it always sound strange to you when it comes to the matter of praying for your pastors and leaders? How does it sound or look when you’re told to pray for your pastors and leaders? What Scripture talks about praying for pastors? In these lists of scriptural prayers for pastors and leaders, you will see the importance and how to do it effectively with the light of God’s word.
It’s easier to criticize a man of God than pray for him. Criticism is cheap but intercession is expensive. The most important people to God are intercessors, not critics. Intercessors are builders, they carry the Lord’s burden and express it in prayers. When you become an intercessor, the Lord begins to take you very seriously. What should we pray for our pastors? Simply intercede for them!
It’s a good thing when you pray for yourself, but it’s also wonderful when you engage with scriptural prayers for pastors and leaders, as a way of extending your love and affection to them. What do you pray for spiritual leaders? How do you pray for church leaders? The word of God is clear about what to pray for them!
Do you know that most of the time when you neglect to make prayers for pastors and leaders, it may lead to their falling or stumbling, because they too are human beings that obtained grace to lead God’s people? In other never to allow them to be exposed to these temptations, you should always make up your mind and be determined to always touch the heavens on behalf of your spiritual leaders.
Have you been on the search for powerful prayers for your pastors and leaders and you can’t put some together? You can find them here!
Read also: words of appreciation to spiritual leaders
Intercessory Prayer for Church Leaders
We can never overemphasize the tremendous power of intercession in the church of Christ. Nothing changes until prayer mixed with faith is made. Intercessory prayer for church leaders must be something that shouldn’t be taken with levity.
I have decided to make these prayers available which will enable you to know how to pray effectively on behalf of your pastors and leaders.
1. Dear father, I acknowledge your faithfulness over my life and our church leaders, thanks for your love and kindness over every one of us.
2. It’s a privilege for us to be alive till this present moment despite the evil all over the world, your protection is sure over my life and over our church leaders. We say thank you for all you do for us.
3. Thank you father for the provisions of food and our needs and the needs of our church leaders. Your mercy is great and endless over each one of us. Be glorified in the heavens and our lives. Amen.
4. Father Lord, we appreciate your name because you have never for once left our spiritual leaders who have been keeping watch over us in the time past. Your goodness is great and worthy to be publicized in the ears of men.
5. Glory be to your name in the highest for you will always give heed to the prayers I am about to utter over the lives of our church leadership.
6. Your great support over their lives and families cannot be paid for, it is your mercy that has made it possible for them. I give you thanks, dear Father.
7. Dear Father and God, I pray on behalf of my church leaders to grant them the wisdom that they need to be able to guide and direct their steps and the steps of those you have trusted them with.
8. Father Lord, always renew their strength in their inner man so that they will be able to walk worthy of you unto all pleasing and thereby lead your flocks aright in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Intercessory Prayers for Pastors
Be aware that even though you need to pray for your pastors, there is an aspect you need to stand in the gap and fight on their behalf. This world is full of evil and it takes the strong and the fittest men to survive therein. Intercessory prayers for pastors will enable you to know how to pray and be so effective in it when praying for them.
Scriptural prayers for pastors and leaders are the essential parts of Intercession.
9. Father almighty thank you over every one of my pastors for your guidance and protection over them from all evils, from all powers of darkness contending against them not to do your will and be able to accomplish what you put in their hands.
10. I appreciate you, dear father for you will continue to guide them day by day and continue to fight for them even in the battles they are not aware of.
11. Father almighty I pray for wisdom for them to be able to know how to work and walk without falling into the traps of the evil that are against them.
13. Let your fire judge every power of darkness pretending to be light just to carry out their assignments, may all their plans become non-effective in the name of Jesus.
14. Every power and force of spiritual wickedness over their lives and ministries are being disgraced by the blood of the lamb.
15. Every affliction that may be troubling them in any area of their lives is being removed by the blood of Jesus.
16. Let every force creating difficulties for them and on their way catch the fire of God and be turned to ashes in the name of Jesus.
17. I pray against all false accusations over their lives and ministries to be silent, let the voice of their accusers not be heard over them in the name of Jesus.
Check this also: Effective prayer points
Short Prayers for Pastors
18. Father Lord I appreciate your name for timely help over my pastors, your goodness is countless over him and his family.
19. I thank you Lord for I know you’re working out something good on his behalf and I know it shall manifest in no time.
20. Let there be supplies of everything they need in other for them to be able to function well and fulfill their callings.
21. Their eyes shall continually be opened to everything you want them to see so that they can stay aligned in their calling in the name of Jesus.
22. Make them more committed to your work than ever before so that they could win more lives and territories for you.
23. Guide them in all areas of their lives so that their lives will be living examples that will make a multitude know you.
24. Make them advance in strength to conquer more territories for you and take more lives for you in the name of Jesus.
Can also be helpful: Quotes on the power of prayers
Scriptures to Pray for Pastors
Are you in search of scriptures to pray for pastors? That’s why I’m here to guide you and save you from the stress of not finding any, praying in the light of the scriptures would save you from a lot of errors that can hinder the prayers from not being answered. It’s so much important to engage scriptures to help us pray the right way.
Related Search; Praying using the scriptures
25. Lord, I thank you and I pray for discernment in exposing every strategy of the enemy against my pastors.
26. Father, I thank You that no weapons formed against my pastors shall prosper, every tongue raised against them will be cast down.
27. Let your love in them abound much more than ever before so that they can know beyond what they have known.
28. The Lord bless them and keep them; the Lord make His face to shine upon them and be gracious unto them; the Lord lift His countenance upon them and show them mercy.
29. May the Lord God supply every one of their needs according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
30. Help them not to grow weary of doing good and for them not to give up so that in due season they should be able to reap.
31. May the Lord show His steadfast love and faithfulness to them and do good to them.
32. Help them to be able to delight in your way; so that they can be established in their endeavors in the name of Jesus.
33. They received grace to obey the voice of the Lord their God, for all the blessings of the Lord should come upon them and overtake them.
34. Remember their works of faith, the labor of love, and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Also helpful: Praying using the word of God
Pray for Your Spiritual Leaders Bible Verse
One thing I will like you to have an understanding of is the bible verse of prayers for pastors. Having the knowledge matters when it comes to prayer, it helps you to pray more effectively when you want to pray. You ought to pray with scriptures because it helps you focus on what is most important and the moment the bible verses stick to your heart, you can journey faster in prayers.
Helpful Resource: Praying Effectively
35. “Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear to my cry; hold not your peace at my tears! For I am a sojourner with you, a guest, like all my fathers” (Psalms 39:12).
36. “But truly God has listened; he has attended to the voice of my prayer.” (Psalm 66:19)
27. “Now, therefore, O our God, listen to the prayer of your servant and to his pleas for mercy, and for your own sake, O Lord, make your face to shine upon your sanctuary, which is desolate” (Daniel 9:17).
38. “Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.” (3 John 1: 2)
39. “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known” (Jeremiah 33:3).
40. “Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!” (Psalm 141: 2)
41. “That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him” (Ephesians 1:17)
42. “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints” (Ephesians 1:18)
43. “Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil” (Psalms 90:15).
Prayer for Pastors and Leaders with Scriptures
Are you in need of scriptures to pray for your church leaders? It’s a good thing because I will be making a list of scriptures that are in line with what you are looking for. There is a lot that happens when you go on your knees and pray for your church leaders. There’s no little amount of prayers you devoted yourself to praying for your church leaders that God won’t listen to and grant you your heart desires concerning it.
44. Lord almighty, I thank you because you will continue to cause my church leaders to be steadfast, unshakable, and always abounding much more in your work (1 Corinthians 15:58).
50. Lord almighty, help my church leaders not to be distracted, discouraged, or doubtful and now neglect the spiritual gift You have given unto them. Give them the courage to take great pains to maintain the path You have cleared for them and to be absorbed in the work You have laid before them (1 Timothy 4:14-15).
51. Oh Lord God, help our church leaders never to put their senses and confidence in the flesh, help them to always stay all the time in the spirit. (Philippians 3:3)
52. Help our church leaders to be able to put all their trust in you, let them always have the mentality that, it’s through you they can draw strength (Philippians 4:13).
53. Father almighty, allow the mind of Christ Jesus to be in them, for them to always humble themselves in your presence (Philippians 2: 5).
54. Help my church leaders until they are conformed to the exact image of Christ (Romans 8:29).
55. Help them to live the exact life of Christ and be a good example to everyone following them. (Galatians 2: 20).
56. Help our church leaders never for once to go out of your way and help them to be spiritually minded (Romans 8:6).
Have you not found it interesting to engage with powerful prayers for your spiritual leaders? There are so many blessings available for everyone who makes intercession their business in the vineyard of the Lord. When you carry the Lord’s burden by praying for the frontiers in His kingdom, the Lord also takes care of all that pertains to you. If you know God, you will love His men and pray for them.
Helpful resource: Intimacy with the Lord
I’m persuaded that you have had a nice time on this page and I’m sure you would want to share it with family, friends, and loved ones. Kindly do so and do not hesitate to LEAVE A COMMENT.