7 Effective Tips on How to Pray According to the Bible plus Praying with Faith Verses
The word of God has been given to us as guidelines for life and godliness. If anyone must walk in the plans and purposes of God for his/her life, such one must be acquainted with the word of God.
God is best addressed in prayers using His word. Our prayers are answer-bound when we pray the word of God back to Him. Therefore, knowing the word is an advantage in the school of prayers. When we pray according to His word, we are sure that He answers us. This makes it important to learn how to pray according to the word of God.
He has said in His Word, “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and returns not thither, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55:10-11).
When the word of God is involved, performance is assured. Learning how to pray according to the bible is one of the ways of practicing an effective prayer life. Below are the ways to pray according to the bible.
1. Know the Bible: What you don’t know you cannot apply. The foundation of a Christian faith ought to be well cemented with the word of God. Bible says, “Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15).
Related search: effective prayers to make you pray according to the will of God
Without a studious life, there can never be a solid walk with God. You cannot be strong in the Lord if you are not a student of the word. You need to know what the word says about you and everything about you if you must have an effective prayer life.
Prayer is about enforcing the will of God into manifestations in your life. When you are filled with the knowledge of God’s will, you will be very bold in claiming and enforcing the prophetic promises of God over your life into existence. Where the word is not known, boldness is not possible.
2. Meditate on the Word: Knowing the bible impacts knowledge, and meditating on the word impacts life. Meditation helps you to move from head knowledge to a living experience of the word. It’s the meditation that helps you mix the word with faith in your heart and with your system.
“Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all” (1 Timothy 4:15). The word doesn’t profit a man who does not meditate on it. Make it a daily routine to mix the word with your system through meditation until you become one with the word. This will amplify your prayer-fire.
3. Search the Word: Before prayer begins, it’s good to search through the word and find out what the word has said about what you want to take to God in prayer. Check the word of God concerning it to find out if what you want to pray about is the will of God or not. This will help you pray accurately and efficiently. Find a legal backing for your request in the pages of the word of God.
4. Use the Word in Prayer: After you have searched the word to see the promises of God concerning your prayer points, then use it in prayer. Quotes the scriptures before God, and pray in the spirit with it. Whenever God hears His word, He cannot deny you of your request.
5. Give Thanks for the Answered Prayers: This is how you ought to conclude every effective prayer. Giving thanks in advance before the promises of God manifest is proof of faith in the ability of God to do exceedingly abundantly above all you have requested. Sing praises to Him and rejoice perpetually before Him.
Related search: prophetic prayers to make your life go the right way
6. Give: The same way your prayer is a sweet-smelling savor to God, so is your offering or seed to Him. Giving will facilitate answers to prayers. It helps you unlock blessings upon you. But I have all and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odor of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well-pleasing to God. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:18 19).
Apostle Paul describes the gift sent from certain brethren as a fragrant odor to God. Your giving is as powerful as the same. This is how should we pray according to the bible!
7. Forgive: If anyone has done you hurt, learn to forgive and let go. Unforgiveness hinders prayers.
Related search: quotes on the power of prayers
Praying with Faith Verses
The Bible is a compendium of the word of faith. Several characters have demonstrated uncommon faith in the invisible God to command uncommon results. Such ability and privileges are still available in God if only you’re committed to Him in praying with faith verses. Whatever prayer you pray, it is important to pray according to the scripture
If you want to be effective in the practice of faith and prayer, you must learn how to pray according to the bible. A man of faith must be a man of the word. A man of resourceful prayers must also be a man well-versed in the scripture. Below are powerful verses of the scripture on faith to help you pray effectively and have incredible results.
1. “He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.” (Romans 4: 20-21).
Prayer: The faith of Abraham and Sarah made them become trans-generational references in the kingdom of God. Help me to live by this kind of faith that will make me become a reference to generations to come.
2. “Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you need endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: “For yet a little while, And He who is coming will come and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith; But if anyone draws back, My soul has no pleasure in him.” But we are not of those who draw back to perdition but of those who believe in the saving of the soul” (Hebrews 10:35-39).
Prayer: Deliver me from every confidence attacker who may make me lose the reward of my waiting on you. Give me the grace never to turn my back on my hope in you.
3. “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:38).
Prayer: Let the spring of faith well up from my inside ceaselessly so that I do not run out of strength to trust in you.
4. “For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, “Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them” (Mark 11:23-24).
Prayer: Illuminate my heart to host a mountain-moving faith that gives no room for doubt so that every mountain in my life may be moved at the command of my mouth.
5. “For we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7).
Prayer: I ask that I will not walk by sight in the name of Jesus. Faith will be my daily lifestyle.
5. “But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6).
Prayer: Only Faith can please you, dear God, help me to please you, and trust you for the impossible.
6. “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name” (John 1:12).
Prayer: I receive the power it takes to manifest my sonship in you. Let the power you have conferred on me be made manifest in the name of Jesus.
7. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil” (Proverbs 3: 5-7).
Prayer: Sometimes, God is often trusted half-heartedly but He’s best pleased when we trust Him wholeheartedly. Father, I receive grace to trust you with my whole heart. I ask that you instruct me in your righteousness so that I can walk in your plan for me.
8. “Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.” (John 20:29).
Prayer: Unbelief sees before it believes. Faith believes before it sees. I receive enabling grace to believe even when there is no physical evidence.
9. “Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” (Mark 9:23).
Prayer: Faith precedes glorification. I ask for divine help to believe so that I can see the glory of God in my life.
10. “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17).
Prayer: May I never be tired of hearing the word that induces faith in my heart. Let my inner ears be opened continually to the hearing of the word.
Related search: keys to effective prayer life
11. “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).
Prayer: Starting a race is not as good as finishing it. It’s good to start but it’s better to finish, and finishing well ultimately. I receive grace to fight the good fight and end well.
12. “Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour” (Mathew 15:28).
Prayer: The faith of a man is his purchasing power in the spirit. If your faith desires it, nothing will deny you of its experience. I ask that my faith be strengthened in the name of Jesus.
13. “And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (John 6:35).
Prayer: Believing in Jesus connects you to the streams of water that never dry. It makes it impossible for you to be thirsty in Life. Father, I ask that you’ll give me faith to connect eternal streams that neither dries nor finishes in the name of Jesus.
14.” For with God nothing will be impossible.” ( Psalms 1:37).
Prayer: What is impossible with man is possible with you dear father in heaven. I ask that you will baptize me with the spirit of faith to connect me to the world of possibilities.
15. “Then Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus on the road” (Mark 10:52).
Prayer: You’re as healthy as your faith in God. You can only become what your faith has made you. Father, I receive vitality from your word to possess a healthy faith for a healthy destiny in the name of Jesus.
16. “So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you” (Mathew 17:20).
Prayer: The power of faith can move a mountain from point A to point B just as Jesus says. I receive the impartation of faith that moves mountains in the name of Jesus.
17. “Now Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met Him, but Mary was sitting in the house. Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).
Prayer: Nothing is beyond the power of faith. There’s nothing such as an irreversible situation. A dead person can come to life when faith is in function. Let the faith that does the impossible fill my heart so that I can do the impossible as expected of me.
Related search: quotes about faith in God
18. “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).
Prayer: There’s nothing that cannot be done by those who put their trust in God. They always have their inner man strengthened to accomplish the impossible task. I receive the energy of the Spirit to do all things in alignment with the will of God in Jesus’ name.
19. “And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again. Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection” (Hebrews 11:32-35).
Prayer: Faith was the currency of exchange for the great men of God in the scripture. May my faith also be sufficient for me so that I can operate in the same order in Jesus’ name.
Having learned how to pray according to the bible, make it your daily practice to pray the word of God into reality in your life.